Enduro Racing- Mtbr.com

Thread: Enduro Racing

mtbr member

Enduro Racing

Can anyone provide information on the race scene in the Southeast and up through the mid Atlantic? I will be out starting July 1st and could possibly even hit a few races before then. Which events/series are worth hitting? Anything I should avoid? Looking forward to the new adventure!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Pisgah Enduro (NC): https://www.pisgahproductions.com/events/pisgah-enduro/
    Green River Enduro (NC): THE GRG ENDURO | Green River Games
    Windrock Enduro (TN): ??
    Beech Mountain Enduro (NC): ??
    Coldwater Enduro (AL): https://www.3rdcoastproductions.com/...o-nuts-biking/
    Cranksgiving (SC): ??
    Fire Mountain (NC): Glory Hound Events | Fire Mountain Inferno XC & EnduroGlory Hound Events
    Rockcrusher MTB Enduro (GA): ??

There may be others, I seem to recall one in Harrisonburg, VA, but don't recall specifics. Not all of them have been announced for this year, yet.

If you venture further up the coast to the NE, you'll find more events. The main enduro series in the Southeast was shut down mid year last year and nothing has really taken it's place yet.

mtbr member
    Also keep an on on East Coast Enduro | Enduro Mountain Bike racing in the EST - 2019 events
    Some of the links on that page are incorrect or not working.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adodero View Post
    Pisgah Enduro (NC): https://www.pisgahproductions.com/events/pisgah-enduro/
    Green River Enduro (NC): THE GRG ENDURO | Green River Games
    Windrock Enduro (TN): ??
    Beech Mountain Enduro (NC): ??
    Coldwater Enduro (AL): https://www.3rdcoastproductions.com/...o-nuts-biking/
    Cranksgiving (SC): ??
    Fire Mountain (NC): Glory Hound Events | Fire Mountain Inferno XC & EnduroGlory Hound Events
    Rockcrusher MTB Enduro (GA): ??

There may be others, I seem to recall one in Harrisonburg, VA, but don't recall specifics. Not all of them have been announced for this year, yet.

If you venture further up the coast to the NE, you'll find more events. The main enduro series in the Southeast was shut down mid year last year and nothing has really taken it's place yet.
    Which series are you referring to? Enduro Southeast? Although it's not a "series" anymore the race venues are still the same. Windrock, Beech, Paris Mtn. As of now Neko doesn't have an October Enduro scheduled at Windrock. The Green River Enduro was cancelled last year due to rain and the Pisgah Enduro was rescheduled.

Windrock EWS qualifier was March 8-10th.

Beech Mtn Enduro is August 25th. Just like last year you can pre-ride the stages on Saturday.

As far as which ones are worth going to: Green River, Pisgah Enduro, Beech, Coldwater, Fire Mtn, are all definitely worth doing. Cranksgiving is fun and they do a good job working with the terrain they have. Just don't expect chair lifts, the vertical feet of Windrock, or the back country feel of Green River, Cold Mtn, And the Pisgah Enduro. It's later in the year and is a great way to wind down the season. Worth noting is that some venues limit entry so don't wait to the day of to register.

East Coast Enduro | Enduro Mountain Bike racing in the EST - 2019 events

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_Brad View Post
    Which series are you referring to?
    I was referring to 3rd Coast, but I might have been off by a year.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adodero View Post
    I was referring to 3rd Coast, but I might have been off by a year.
    I see. I noticed when I clicked on the Coldwater Enduro link on the East Coast page it takes me to the 3rd Coast website.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I see. I noticed when I clicked on the Coldwater Enduro link on the East Coast page it takes me to the 3rd Coast website.
    They are still doing some events, but not nearly the amount they were previously. I think it was 6-7 events in prior years.

mtbr member
    I don't know what happened with 3rd Coast, but they seemed to have some issues last year. I don't do face book so I have no idea what they have going on.

I'm sure it's not easy to find venues and promote a race series, but I would really like to see more closer to WNC.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by b-roken View Post
    I don't know what happened with 3rd Coast, but they seemed to have some issues last year. I don't do face book so I have no idea what they have going on.

I'm sure it's not easy to promote a race series, but I would really like to see more closer to WNC.
    Brent's wife was hit by a car while riding on the road and has had a difficult recovery, they also opened a bike shop in N GA that they've been focused on. I don't know if the series will return or not, but I think they still provide the timing hardware to some other events.

It would be nice to see more enduro events in this area. There are plenty of endurance and distance events, it seems a shame that the only enduro in the Brevard area has gone away. We have enough trails here to have a local series, if someone wanted to organize it, although I've gotten the impression that the forest staff weren't keen on those types of events. I also know a lot of locals weren't too happy about it, also.

mtbr member
    I can see how these races would impact people wanting to ride those trails on the race weekends. I'm sure this also creates a lot of complaints from hikers and horse people for the forest staff to deal with.

I wonder if Coleman Boundary could be used? I'm sure BC and Dupont are out of the question. NMR could be another area. Picture a transfer from Trace Ridge parking area to Big Creek.

I'm sure Pisgah Productions and Blue Ridge Adventures have already tried to hold races in these areas.

mtbr member
    The permitting process for event hosting is pretty convoluted with Pisgah district sometimes for good reasons. As a simple example, I believe the reason why neither Blue Ridge nor Pisgah Productions hold summer events on the district is that local staff don't want to increase use during peak months when they're giving out tons of special use permits already to summer camps, outward bound, etc. It's very far from being as simple as putting together an event and getting straightforward permission.

mtbr member
    I'm sure you're correct. I was really just thinking out loud.

mtbr member
    I would recommend the Pisgah Enduro as a "must do" event.

the trails are rad and its a tough but fun race. The best part is the summer camp vibe at Camp Grier. Folks hanging out, getting social, and having fun.
    On your left!

LDC is ded,deth by trollz
    Nov 2015
    Is anybody doing coldwater or fire mountain?

mtbr member
    A friend of mine is doing Fire Mtn. I'm doing the Oskar Blues Enduro at the Green River Gamelands. This one has time limits for getting to each stage to it is probably a little more challenging than the others in the area.

Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by b-roken View Post
    A friend of mine is doing Fire Mtn. I'm doing the Oskar Blues Enduro at the Green River Gamelands. This one has time limits for getting to each stage to it is probably a little more challenging than the others in the area.
    Is it a dh park type thing or run what ya brung at the Oskar Blues one?

mtbr member
    Definitely not a DH park. Old school trails. Narrow, rooty and somewhat rocky.

mtbr member
    Stoked to head out to some of these races. Anyone going to Sea Otter this year? Racing DH, but not Enduro for that event. Just finished the Spring series out here in California. Now we head to the mountains for the second half of the year.

mtbr member
    I'll just second what Banjo said about Pisgah Enduro; I've been the stage 1 start volunteer every year strictly so I can hang at Camp Grier for the weekend. It is a truly great venue/base camp. There's a freaking swimming pool with mountain views, bunkhouse style sleeping or camping choices, a cafeteria for food purchasing, a giant pavilion to hang out under when it rains, basically everything one could want except a ski lift up Heartbreak. I might even race this year...damn did I type that publicly?

mtbr member
    I will be racing the fire mountain enduro in April, going to try to ride those trails before the race also. Very groomed smooth trails it looks like, I'd prefer more techy stuff to suit my skills but should be a good one to start with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin-nc View Post
    I will be racing the fire mountain enduro in April, going to try to ride those trails before the race also. Very groomed smooth trails it looks like, I'd prefer more techy stuff to suit my skills but should be a good one to start with.

I'm riding Fire Mtn next week coming from Brevard if you can make it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneDetroitCity View Post
    I'm riding Fire Mtn next week coming from Brevard if you can make it.
    Ah man I actually planned to go the weekend after that, got a buddy coming into town to pre ride it with me hes doing the enduro as well.

Robertson
    Salespunk, having ridden with you before in Socal and also ridden most of these Southeast races, I can say you'll definitely enjoy the riding in the Southeast. Windrock is a must do, even if it's not a race just to ride the park. Coldwater is fun and fast, very flowy, not steep, not very techical except for the first half of one of the race stages. Rockcrusher is steeeeeep stages, tighter, but not many rocks. Pisgah Enduro is a must do as mentioned, but note they're not the trails in Brevard you've likely heard about, which are worth a visit as well. If you want more info on any of the races or trail suggestions across the Southeast feel free to PM me.

Nov 2015
    I'm hitting Fire MTN all day tmrw the 4th and 5th if anybody wants to get some laps in. Prob be there about 10am, can accommodate others schedule too. My girlfriend is thru hiking the App trail she will be shuttled to Cherokee and then meet me.

Big Mac
    I'm hitting Fire MTN all day tmrw the 4th and 5th if anybody wants to get some laps in. Prob be there about 10am, can accommodate others schedule too. My girlfriend is thru hiking the App trail she will be shuttled to Cherokee and then meet me.
    Oooh, what a joy that would be. Unfortunately, I知 washing my baggies those days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmb65 View Post
    Oooh, what a joy that would be. Unfortunately, I知 washing my baggies those days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Or you are just a tool looking for attention. Like most people on this forum. Ride 4hrs a week and post 25.

Big Mac
    Or you are just a tool looking for attention. Like most people on this forum. Ride 4hrs a week and post 25.
    Damn. You pegged me, ya douchebag. Actually, I知 the baddest mother fugger around. Just ask me, I値l tell ya all about it. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 2015
    Damn. You pegged me, ya douchebag. Actually, I知 the baddest mother fugger around. Just ask me, I値l tell ya all about it. Lol.

Why are you on this thread making asinine posts. This is about Enduro racing in the North and South Carolina region. Talk about that topic or shut up and go get drunker.

Big Mac
    Why are you on this thread making asinine posts. This is about Enduro racing in the North and South Carolina region. Talk about that topic or shut up and go get drunker.
    Sorry bro, just trying to get my 25 posts in for the day. Carry on, you stud you.

mtbr member
    Sorry bro, just trying to get my 25 posts in for the day. Carry on, you stud you.

I would love to ride with you one day just for independent research. Your attitude sucks by the way.

Big Mac
    I would love to ride with you one day just for independent research. Your attitude sucks by the way.
    Alright then.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Wow this thread went a little off the rails...Does anyone know if the cranksgiving enduro in SC is happening? I can't find any info. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly Lee View Post
    Wow this thread went a little off the rails...Does anyone know if the cranksgiving enduro in SC is happening? I can't find any info. Thanks!
    As far as I know. I will do some digging, hang tight.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly Lee View Post
    Yep. Working on details. Will be the finals for the Triple Crown Series again this year. Registration will launch September 1. Dates are November 22-24. Friday night will be in Travelers Rest to get the weekend started. Saturday will be held at Pleasant Ridge and Sunday will be at Paris Mtn State Park.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Triple Crown Series Dates and Venues
    August 24-25 Beech Mtn
    www.bikereg.com/beechmtnsenduro
    September 28-29 Windrock
    www.bikereg.com/windrocksenduro
    November 22-24
    www.bikereg.com/cranksgivingsenduro

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Triple Crown Series Dates and Venues
    August 24-25 Beech Mtn
    www.bikereg.com/beechmtnsenduro
    September 28-29 Windrock
    www.bikereg.com/windrocksenduro
    November 22-24 Cranksgiving Weekend
    www.bikereg.com/cranksgivingsenduro

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eccorp View Post
    Yep. Working on details. Will be the finals for the Triple Crown Series again this year. Registration will launch September 1. Dates are November 22-24. Friday night will be in Travelers Rest to get the weekend started. Saturday will be held at Pleasant Ridge and Sunday will be at Paris Mtn State Park.
    Paris Mtn has a rider cap correct?

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Thanks for the info! looks like fun events.

mtbr member
    Since someone said the E word... Here is all the info for the Beech Mtn Enduro this Sunday 8/25/19 including course previews and logistics. Good luck to everyone racing, hope to see you there.

Quick common faq:
    Q-What is the total distance including climbs?
    A-Right at 12 miles.
    Q-Will all classes ride the same tracks? Stage 7 looks difficult.
    A-Yes, all classes on the same track. Bigger features all have go arounds.
    Q-Is there a time cut off on Sunday 8/25?
    A-Yes, you must be in line to start stage 7 by 4:30pm.
    Q-Will the park be open Saturday 8/24? What about Sunday the day of the race?Will there be trail restrictions? Can I pre-ride Saturday?
    A-YES, park is open Saturday to the public. NO there are not any trail restrictions Saturday. It will however be busy with lift lines at times. Sunday we will have Upper Green Mamba and Canebrake open as well as the Lower access rd. Once stages are cleared and swept we will open the trail to the public. Everything will be taped in both trail networks Saturday for pre-riding.
    Q-Day of registration?
    A-No day of registration. We recommend registering online at:
    https://www.bikereg.com/43113?fbclid...baNQiXyqB5mFO0
    Q-Do you close when it rains? Will the race be cancelled if it rains?
    A-Hell no, rain or shine.

Enduro Racing-2019-enduro-course-preview.jpg

Our (Resort) stages-1,3,4,7
    Stage 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE3kTgrcxMg&t=4s
    Stage 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBgPZwTAI0U&t=6s
    Stage 4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rs1o0O9QY4&t=5s
    Stage 7 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rfbFpt1ugg

Emerald Outback (Parks and Rec) Stages 2,5,6
    https://www.facebook.com/14080445626...2MTg2OTA4Mjg4/