Dupont Trail Work - JUNE 5TH 9:00 AM Lake Imaging- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Dupont Trail Work - JUNE 5TH 9:00 AM Lake Imaging

The title pretty much says it all.

This will be basic water management work on Ridgeline and Jim Branch. I have also asked forest management to place some large gargoyles (not the kind from Ghost Busters) at the bottom of Jim Branch so we can force all you posers back onto the "real trail."

So I plan on organizing small (4 - 5 people per team) teams of people that can install nicks and rolling grade dips as needed. If we have time and resources we will do some basic foliage trimming on some other trails.

If you read the most recent supervisor's report you will see that SORBA was very high up in volunteer hours (just a few hours above the Trail Blazer's and I am pretty sure Woodman didn't scew the books), let's continue this trend.

June 5th 9:00AM
    Lake Imaging
    Bring Lunch, water, work gloves, helmet so on and so forth.

For those interested, we can have a quick ride afterwards.
    Last edited by extrmtao; 05-27-2010 at 12:29 PM.
    BS'ing less, riding more.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

mtbr member
    Apparently there are several groups participating. Are these coordinated by David Brown? My information is that he is trying for 16 miles or more of trail maintenance.
    mike

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    "This will be basic water management work on Ridgeline and Jim Branch. I have also asked forest management to place some large choke rocks at the bottom of Jim Branch so we can force all you posers back onto the "real trail." "

We also need to do more armoring of the main tread. Maybe I will be mobile enough next week and get over to haul some rocks for such with a machine. Choke rocks can also be called "gargoyles"

"So I plan on organizing small (4 - 5 people per team) teams of people that can install nicks and waterbars as needed. If we have time and resources we will do some basic foliage trimming on some other trails."

You will be building rolling dips, not water bars. If I ever hear you say water-bars again, I will have to wash your mouth out with soap.

"If you read the most recent supervisor's report you will see that SORBA was very high up in volunteer hours (just a few hours above the Pisgah Trail Blazer's and I am pretty sure Woodman didn't scew the books), let's continue this trend."

I do not cooks the books like the Trail Blazers. They count riding around and clipping back as trail work (and tend to leave the clippings laying in the trails). The work of the mountain bike community is easily seem in DuPont.

Thanks to Mater for organizing this. I had planned for major reroute project on National Trails Day, but this pesky broken leg got in the way.

Woody
    Last edited by Woodman; 06-05-2010 at 04:14 AM.

mtbr member
    David Brown is organizing a bunch of groups. He gave me the option and asked what we wanted to work on, so I jumped on Ridgeline and Jim Branch.

Woody,

I don't see no stinking water bars. . .

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

mtbr member
    Thanks for the response.
    mike

mtbr member
    Where exactly are yall meeting at as I am trying to bring others to help out?

mtbr member
    bump???

Drinker w/ Riding Problem
    9:00 AM Lake Imaging (as per the title of the post) which is at the bottom of Ridgeline trail

mtbr member
    Thanks...Will we need to bring tools?

Drinker w/ Riding Problem
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleymtnbiker1
    Thanks...Will we need to bring tools?
    Tools will be provided

Quote Originally Posted by extrmtao
    Bring Lunch, water, work gloves, helmet so on and so forth.

For those interested, we can have a quick ride afterwards.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I will be there to help you. Maybe the 2 of us (By the looks of this forum) will get a lot accomplished. I will stop by Bike Ways today and see if they can pass along the word for those who do not read this forum. Thanks for putting this workday together.

Rodney

mtbr member
    Hey Everybody,

I picked up UpState SORBA's tools today for the work day and we are lacking in Pulaskis and Mcleods. So if you are coming out and have either of these two items, please bring them along, thanks.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by extrmtao
    Hey Everybody,

I picked up UpState SORBA's tools today for the work day and we are lacking in Pulaskis and Mcleods. So if you are coming out and have either of these two items, please bring them along, thanks.
    Mater,

TD has plenty of said tools, but I have no rreal way of loading these from our warehouse into a truck (the crutches get in the way).

Chuck R. is coming and I will call and see if he can swing by and pick some up.

W.

Members who have read this thread: 0