Dupont night rides

Printable View

• 02-08-2004
    IJR
    Dupont night rides
    Does anyone out there do night rides at Dupont? I'll be in the Spartanburg/Greenville during the week for the next few weeks and would like join you if you do.
  • 02-09-2004
    mountaingoatepics
    Dupont NIght Rides
    Quote:

Originally Posted by IJR
    Does anyone out there do night rides at Dupont? I'll be in the Spartanburg/Greenville during the week for the next few weeks and would like join you if you do.

We do some night rides in Dupont and Pisgah. NIghts and times vary. Right now most of the trails in Dupont are frozen to Bobsled status. Hopefully they will thaw this week. I have not had a chance to ride any of Pisgah in the past week but, plan on getting out at least on the FS roads if nothing else maybe tonight and Wednesday. Supposed to have snow blow in real late this evening.

Jeremy
  • 02-09-2004
    A:42
    Pisgah Slickness report from Sundays hike
    Hiked Looking glass rock Sunday (not a bike trail, but reasonably representative) and it was clear in most spots, but deadly slick in enough other spots that even walking a bike through would be fairly chancy, plus mud is a factor during the day.

By the way this is not a “little slick” type of crusty snow, but sliding helplessly out of control on boilerplate ice, careening off trees, kicking wildly into the surface hoping to punch through before you really get hurt, or slide into a stream, or most likely both, type of slick.

You have been warned.
    Bob
  • 02-09-2004
    brewSSard
    Night ride
    I ride Southside in Spartanburg in the evenings whenever it is not completely
    slop. If the rain holds off tonight and tommorow I will ride tomorrow and prolly
    the rest of the week also. Drop a me a PM if interested.

Zak B.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IJR

• 02-09-2004
    mountaingoatepics
    Pinball
    Quote:

Originally Posted by A:42
    Hiked Looking glass rock Sunday (not a bike trail, but reasonably representative) and it was clear in most spots, but deadly slick in enough other spots that even walking a bike through would be fairly chancy, plus mud is a factor during the day.

By the way this is not a “little slick” type of crusty snow, but sliding helplessly out of control on boilerplate ice, careening off trees, kicking wildly into the surface hoping to punch through before you really get hurt, or slide into a stream, or most likely both, type of slick.

You have been warned.
    Bob

I have personally experienced this. See the Mountain Bike Bobsled Pinball thread.

Jeremy
  • 02-10-2004
    h2oBomber
    It is suppose to snow again wensday night too