Dupont Forest Trail/Road Closings- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Dupont Forest Trail/Road Closings

I went for a ride yesterday out of Guion Farm. There was a notice posted that said starting January 5th the lower end of Hickory Mountain Road, White Pine Trail and White Pine Loop were closed due to logging. This also essentially closes Poplar Trail and Hooker Creek Trail (unless you want to ride them as out and backs). It also makes getting to the top of Ridgeline an exercise of "going around the barn". Bring your map. There was nothing stating as to how long the closure was to last nor could I find anything on their website.

Just a heads up for those that like to plan their rides and don't like to reroute on the fly.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    how does one get to top of ridgeline. we got shut out. couldnt figure out a way around all the logging. how long is this going to go on? are they going to log any of ridgeline? does anyone have any details on this? is this r/t to the recent change of 'ownership' of dupont to usda or whoever? all info is appreciated. thanks

b

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    The upper end of Hickory Mountain Road is supposed to be open. So you can get to the top of Ridgeline Trail via Rifle Trail - #66 (off the dirt side of Sky Valley Road) or Guion Trail - #31 (off the paved side of Sky Valley Road). Otherwise, the only way is up Ridgeline.

The posted notice hasn't changed and you could hear the chain saws today. I'm usually there a couple times a week, I'll try to keep the board posted of any developments that I know of.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Update.

Got out to the East side today. The lower half of Hickory Mountain Road, the upper half of White Pine Trail, White Pine Loop and Poplar Trail are still closed. But the lower half of White Pine Trail is open to Hickory Creek Trail giving access to the upper end of Ridgeline.

Just checked the official website. The trails are open on Sundays and the logging is expected to continue through mid February.

There were some muddy spots but overall the trail tread was dry and in good condition.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Cedar Rock?

Question is

Rogue Exterminator
    Cedar Rock was fine as of last week.

Considering this thread is from last winter, none of it currently applies and I have not seen any current Dupont trail closings.

Support Pisgah Area Soba
    I try to keep all the trail closing up to date at the link below.

Pisgah Area SORBA Forum Whiteboard - You must be logged into PAS web site to post. Trail Closure
    Pisgah Area Sorba - Web Site Communications
    http://www.pisgahareasorba.org/

Big Mac
    I haven't been there, but Tsali should be good to go.