Dupont- Mtbr.com

Thread: Dupont

mtbr member

Dupont

Is sick
    I'm very jealous of all you wnc bros. I rode all the corn mill shoals rd stuff today. I wasn't quite prepared for the tech climbs on big rock and burnt mountain. I hike and biked them both at the end of my day to hit them down hill. Super fun and way more tech than anything I've rode before.

I have one more solid day up here. What's next? Ridgeline and airstrip or should I venture into pisgah?
    Ride Bikes
    Drink Beer

Fence guru
    Nov 2008
    If you hiked up big rock and burnt mtn I would stay in DuPont or head to pisgah and not take your bike because you will be hiking a lot more.

Big Mac
    What he said ^. If DuPont was challenging for you, Pisgsh may be too much. Try Bent Creek or ride more DuPont.

mtbr member

Stay at DSRF...

...and visit this page: Pisgah Area SORBA DuPont Routes before hitting a trail--several good rides listed here. If you haven't ridden Ridgeline and Jim Branch yet, try them out. A personal favorite route is to park at the Imaging lot, take Imaging to Jim Branch to Isaac Heath to Locust to Hilltop, then Imaging to Buck Forest to White Pine to Hickory Mtn to Ridgeline. Back to the car, refuel, and repeat...

TZ
    Geriatric mountain biker and trail maintainer... ...with digital braking!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by supercusty View Post
    If you hiked up big rock and burnt mtn I would stay in DuPont or head to pisgah and not take your bike because you will be hiking a lot more.
    Right on. I'm a fit dude and a strong climber, but those tech climbs are a little over my head. I'll stick to Dupont.
    Ride Bikes
    Drink Beer

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailZen View Post
    ...and visit this page: Pisgah Area SORBA DuPont Routes before hitting a trail--several good rides listed here. If you haven't ridden Ridgeline and Jim Branch yet, try them out. A personal favorite route is to park at the Imaging lot, take Imaging to Jim Branch to Isaac Heath to Locust to Hilltop, then Imaging to Buck Forest to White Pine to Hickory Mtn to Ridgeline. Back to the car, refuel, and repeat...

TZ
    Thanks a lot man!
    I'm gonna hit this loop up tomorrow.
    Ride Bikes
    Drink Beer

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Possum Jones View Post
    Right on. I'm a fit dude and a strong climber, but those tech climbs are a little over my head. I'll stick to Dupont.
    Get your palmetto bush, mosquito eating, flat ground riding @$& back to FL before you hurt yourself.
    2010 Lajolla lightweight aluminum cruiser

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rowe925 View Post
    Get your palmetto bush, mosquito eating, flat ground riding @$& back to FL before you hurt yourself.
    Haha!
    I'm only moderately banged up.
    When you fall on rock it doesn't give like the powdery sugar sand back home.
    Ride Bikes
    Drink Beer

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Being a fellow Floridian, i would recommend hitting more Dupont: hit Reasonover, Ridgeline, Airstrip, Jim branch,Cart trail if u are feelng frisky. Those trails are not in order, just some of the ones i like. If u want some Pisgah, maybe do an out and back on Laurel Mtn, that way u control how deep u get urself in, climb as far as u want, turn around, enjoy.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    It aint nam

Big Mac
    Do it, do it, do it.

Fence guru
    Nov 2008
    Farlow is the best beginner trail in pisgah ... Ignore the others. Super easy flowy and flat.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailZen View Post

TZ
    I rode something very similar to this loop today and it was prolly the most fun I've had on two wheels.
    I rode straight into ridgeline from the trailhead. That's a horrible warm up. The climb in hickory mtn is ridiculous but very much worth the downhill.
    Jim Branch is without a doubt the funnest trail ive ever rode. According to Strava I hit 37mph somewhere on the descent. Nuts. I actually went back and rode Jim branch and ridgeline both downhill for the second time at the end of my day.
    I also took the time to check out glassy, high, triple, and hooker falls.
    All in all it ended up being 25 miles and 3300' of elevation gain. Pretty epic.

I can't wait until my next vacation in October to do it all over again.
    Ride Bikes
    Drink Beer

Big Mac
    Please be courteous and respectful while riding here. Glad you had a good time. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by supercusty View Post
    Farlow is the best beginner trail in pisgah ... Ignore the others. Super easy flowy and flat.
    u r mean...and I'm not talkin average.

Members who have read this thread: 0