Dragons Tale in VA- Mtbr.com
    CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007

Dragons Tale in VA

Cross post from VA forum

A few pics from Ferrier Trail

Just a plug for Chrisís Dragon Tale race coming up in April. I donít race or have any involvement with this race, but I do like riding these trails. These are in the backyard and the biggest danger to the backcountry trails in our area is the lack of use. Mother Nature reclaims her own quickly. So if you are into this sort of thing, come out and ride this stuff Ė race or no race. Best of luck to you racers too!

Video from last years race. No music, so play your own if you need to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVnk_rGAVU8

When did you get here?!?!
    Oh man, Dragon's Back is my favorite ride in VA. CCR, Is this nearby? Pisgah Peeps, if so, this place is only a few hours away and will blow your mind.
    You can please some people sometimes but you can't please all the people all the time.
    ERIC'S RIDE LOG

drunken pirate
    Looks like fun! But the race is next weekend WNDC - road trip?
    More Trails, Not Less

Adventures in Pisgah

pronounced may-duh
    Quote Originally Posted by pisgahproductions
    Oh man, Dragon's Back is my favorite ride in VA. CCR, Is this nearby? Pisgah Peeps, if so, this place is only a few hours away and will blow your mind.
    It the same trail. Dragons back is just a segment. Dragons tale is the whole enchilada. I agree, it's a very cool trail. Narrow ridge and very rocky but all ride-able. Definitely worth the trip.

CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pisgahproductions
    Yea like Maida said, The Tale adds additional miles to the original Back route. The Tale portion goes up on Broad Run Mountain and descends Ferrier Trail, which is very sweet. The Forest Service started closing Wildlife Road in the winter so the route of the race has changed. Looks like I might be helping with the sweep Sunday. All the trails have been getting more TLC the last few years and are in good shape.

Members who have read this thread: 0