Down East MTB- Mtbr.com

Thread: Down East MTB

MGyJeff
    Feb 2004

Down East MTB

You don't necessarily need "mountains" to enjoy great mountain bike trails. If your coming to Eastern NC don't trade in your Mountain Bike for a Surfboard, we have plenty of trails to test your skills. What we lack in "Height" we make up for in Technical Single Track and Log Obstacles. So when the smell of salt air starts to fills your nose and there isn't a mountain in sight, look up The Down East Cyclists for a great ride.

Cyclist

Old Jarhead

Quote Originally Posted by mgyjeff
    You don't necessarily need "mountains" to enjoy great mountain bike trails. If your coming to Eastern NC don't trade in your Mountain Bike for a Surfboard, we have plenty of trails to test your skills. What we lack in "Height" we make up for in Technical Single Track and Log Obstacles. So when the smell of salt air starts to fills your nose and there isn't a mountain in sight, look up The Down East Cyclists for a great ride.
    I used to ride out past Camp Geiger/Air Station off of 70. Pretty fun gravity pits out there. I used to hit Beaver Dam up past New Bern and some other trails on Cherry Point. I haven't been down there in a while, but I vacation at EI once in a while. What other trails you got?
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

My cycling photos. Enjoy!

MGyJeff
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by striker
    I used to ride out past Camp Geiger/Air Station off of 70. Pretty fun gravity pits out there. I used to hit Beaver Dam up past New Bern and some other trails on Cherry Point. I haven't been down there in a while, but I vacation at EI once in a while. What other trails you got?
    You named most of them, New River Air Station, Beaver Dam and The Piranha Pit at Cherry Point. Additional trails are; The Brig Trail on Camp Lejeune (5.5mi), close to EI is the Haywood Landing Trail just up hwy 58 between Stella and Maysville with trails running from 5 to 15 miles and there's The Bicycle Post Trail in Greenville, 9.3 miles of pure fun!