Dirty Bird DH race series.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Dirty Bird DH race series.

Dirty Bird Race Productions was started by four friends who have a passion for riding bikes, building trails, and promoting the off road cycling community in the High Country of NC and Beyond.

This year we are hosting a 3 race series at Hawksnest resort in Seven Devils, NC.

June 5-6
    Aug 21-22
    Hawk-o-ween Oct 30-31

For those of you unfamiliar with Hawksnest, it was formerly a ski resort, but now operates as a snow tubing park and zipline course. Last year we built a really nice downhill track with a lot of tight berms, big jumps, and plenty of classic WNC rocks and roots. This year we plan to offer a different track for each race, beginning with the original track on June 5-6. A shuttle system and professional timing will be provided. Cash payout for pros.

Schedule:

Saturday

Practice: 10am-5pm

Registration ($45, Beginner, Amateur, Pro) opens at 9am
    Sunday

Practice: 9am-11:30am

Race starts at 12, high noon
    Race day registration opens at 8am

Good Times: All Weekend Long!

Also check us out on Facebook and www.dirtybirddh.com for all the info and regular updates on happenings at the bird.
    Last edited by DirtyBirdRaceProductions; 05-18-2010 at 10:09 AM.

mtbr member
    Media Dump:

This new pro track is no joke...

But don't worry, the old one is better than ever right now! In the woods, Loam is out...Roots and rocks are in....in the slopes the berms and jumps are packed like concrete!

Get stoked to come out and support legal DH riding in western North Carolina!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

course opened in May?

is this course gonna be open at the resort in May? I'm from Cali and passing through at the end of this week, looking to ride as much as possible in NC on my way through...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by riderESQ
    is this course gonna be open at the resort in May? I'm from Cali and passing through at the end of this week, looking to ride as much as possible in NC on my way through...

Shoot me an email or a PM...we aren't officially "open" but private tours can happen if we line them up in advance.

cowbellchallenge
    Mar 2007
    NICE!!! looking forward to it, last year great, this year should be even better!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0