Digital Map of DuPont State Recreational Forest...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Digital Map of DuPont State Recreational Forest...

Just found a new DSRF map on Avenza PDF Maps... The Avenza app is free (PDF Maps Mobile App). The app will use the GPS feature of your phone or tablet to track you on maps you've downloaded. You can set up the app to record your ride, and it reports distance and time. Tracks can be exported. I've only played with the app on Android devices, but it's available for the iPhone, too. When you have the app installed on your mobile device, click on the shopping cart to look at maps available for your area of interest...

I wanted to include a link to the map I just downloaded, but you have to have an Avenza account to find them. The map was just uploaded to the Avenza Map Store a couple days ago (December 4th) and was developed by Friends of DuPont Forest, so it's the latest available for trails there, and all proceeds from map sales go back into DSRF projects... The fastest way to search for the new map is to simply search for "FODF" (Friends of DuPont Forest).

TZ
    Geriatric mountain biker and trail maintainer... ...with digital braking!

mtbr member
    ...and more info on the digital map can be found here: Get Maps | Avenza PDF Maps

TZ

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    I downloaded the Dupont map by Pisgah Map Company from the Avenza map store and have used it with much satisfaction. Their map is a big improvement over the old Dupont map. Has anyone else used this map. Has anybody used the new digital map from friends of Dupont?

mtbr member
    Yeah--I was using the FODF map this morning at DSRF. The PMC map was my favorite until the FODF digital map came out. The FODF map has several updates, like the new Hickory Mountain Loop, the relo on Cedar Rodk, the relo on Big Rock, etc, that aren't on the PMC map...

TZ
    Last edited by TrailZen; 12-13-2014 at 02:13 PM. Reason: add use...

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    We are working diligently to update the DuPont and Grandfather maps to be reprinted in the Spring. Neither will have major changes but will be updated to reflect new trails, trail relocations and fix some minor mistakes here and there. They will be completed in the next month and the digital PDF Maps will be available immediately after completion. It will take another month or so to get the printed maps from press.

Pete

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I'm using the Avenza app on my Samsung S5 and I can't find this map. I can find the older Dupont maps that were published in 2013. I searched "FODF" and it found nothing. I searched "Dupont" and it only pulled up the old maps. I searched "DuPont State Recreational Forest by FODF" and nothing.

Any ideas?

mtbr member
    Yep--you tried to do the search immediately after a quick edit to the map was made (and I only know this because I was in email contact with the developer yesterday!). The edit process requires that Avenza, Google Play, and the Apple Store again look over the map before approving sales on their sites. The FODF map should again be available in a day or two... Sorry for any inconvenience!

TZ

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    No problem... thanks for the update

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    From the publisher of the Friends of DuPont Forest Avenza PDF-Map of DuPont State Recreational Forest - the map is available again on the map store! Sorry for the inconvenience.

Search for "fodf" to purchase the map created by the non-profit. All proceeds fund projects in the Forest. Experienced GIS volunteers created the map. Thanks to everyone for supporting Friends of DuPont Forest!

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    I'm planning to have a vacation to North Carolina and I was looking into MT bike trails there. I found this site that has free pdf maps, Free Vector Map US Interstate roads, Adobe Illustrator, PDF, V.1
    If you guys can give me some more info about this, it would be very helpful for my upcoming trip. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Some great trails up there. What are you looking to do and where are you staying?

Big Mac
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailblaz3r View Post
    I'm planning to have a vacation to North Carolina and I was looking into MT bike trails there. I found this site that has free pdf maps, Free Vector Map US Interstate roads, Adobe Illustrator, PDF, V.1
    If you guys can give me some more info about this, it would be very helpful for my upcoming trip. Thanks!
    Use either the Pisgah map co maps or the nat geo maps.

mtbr member
    As 65 said, get a hard copy map from a local bike shop. Ask for advice as needed.
    Additionally, I highly recommend the free Trail Forks app. It's incredibly accurate, although there are a few trails missing here and there (Middle Fork, Big Creek for example, last time I looked). By combining the hard copy map with local advice and real-time location on trail available on Trail Forks, you'd have to try really hard to go wrong.

65, check out Trail Forks. Especially if you travel somewhere else. It blew me away on my out-west trip this past summer.