Demo a Turner in Pisgah- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 26 of 26
  1. #1
    suspension wrench
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    191

    Demo a Turner in Pisgah

    If anybody's interested in a Pisgah day on a really nice bike, the Turner Demo Truck will be in Brevard on Saturday morning at the grassy field just before the Ranger Station near the Black Mountain trailhead (y'know the PMBAR start/finish). 9am.

    There will be around 20 bikes available to ride for the day, just bring your pedals and a camelback full of food and water. And an ID or credit card or a child for collateral.

    I'm pretty sure there are some Sultans for you big wheelers.

    Group ride will probably be Clawhammer to Avery or Black Mountain or something fun like that.

  2. #2
    not so super...
    Reputation: SSINGA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,463
    Moe's bringing 2009 DW Sultan's, 5 Spots and Flux's. There might even be a DHR or two!

    Trailer is roaming Asheville right about now.
    Nothing to see here.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: D.F.L.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,840
    What about Friday demos? I could be convinced to ditch work if Moe's up for a ride today?

    Any contact info?

  4. #4
    bmw
    bmw is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    296
    Good timing. I was sitting here trying to decide if I wanted a 5Spot or Sultan. Looks like I'll be driving up from Charlotte. See you in the morning!

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mike Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,287
    Man, I wish I wasn't both working and going out of town. I'd love to try a Sultan.

  6. #6
    pronounced may-duh
    Reputation: Maida7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,306
    Mike:

    I'm all tied up with family crap on Saturday. Any chance you'd be in the same time, same place on SUNDAY? I'd love to get a real test ride on a DW link 5 spot.

    Thanks,
    David

  7. #7
    suspension wrench
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by Maida7
    Mike:

    I'm all tied up with family crap on Saturday. Any chance you'd be in the same time, same place on SUNDAY? I'd love to get a real test ride on a DW link 5 spot.

    Thanks,
    David
    David,

    Unfortunately, I have several other things going on for Sunday, but that's not to say that Moe and the Demo truck won't be around. I have only spoken with him briefly regarding Saturday morning, so I have no idea what he has planned for Sunday. I suppose I can find out tomorrow and I'll post if there will be a Sunday ride. Weather will likely be the determining factor.

    I'm just hoping tomorrow doesn't get rained out...

    -mike

  8. #8
    Politically Incorrect
    Reputation: motoenth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brown
    Man, I wish I wasn't both working and going out of town. I'd love to try a Sultan.
    Mike -
    You can try out my Sultan anytime. Wish I had known when I saw you at PMBAR - I would've let you try it then.
    Blair

    Edit: It's the one on the right......

    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  9. #9
    bmw
    bmw is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    296
    Is there anyone I can call to get a weather check tomorrow morning? Don't want to drive from Charlotte to find it is rained out.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: D.F.L.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,840
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw
    Is there anyone I can call to get a weather check tomorrow morning? Don't want to drive from Charlotte to find it is rained out.
    They're showing 50% chance of thunderstorms tomorrow. That either means no rain... or all-day rain. I don't think there's any way someone could tell you, even 2 hours ahead of the ride start time. The weather here is completely unpredictable. I've bailed on rides when the radar showed massive storms moving in; half the time, those storms don't make it here.

    There's plenty of stuff to do in Asheville if your ride is a bust.

  11. #11
    bmw
    bmw is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by D.F.L.
    They're showing 50% chance of thunderstorms tomorrow. That either means no rain... or all-day rain. I don't think there's any way someone could tell you, even 2 hours ahead of the ride start time. The weather here is completely unpredictable. I've bailed on rides when the radar showed massive storms moving in; half the time, those storms don't make it here.

    There's plenty of stuff to do in Asheville if your ride is a bust.
    It's worth a coin flip! I'm heading up.

  12. #12
    Just ride!
    Reputation: tennessee17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    324
    Just saw this right now--ARRRGH!

    Is there going to be a Sunday ride?

  13. #13
    bmw
    bmw is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by tennessee17
    Just saw this right now--ARRRGH!

    Is there going to be a Sunday ride?
    Don't think so. Moe said he was headed to the US Open in Jersey.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    211
    I was very disappointed in the Turner demo. I went by three times, a few hours apart and nobody was ever at the tent. There was even a guy there that had been waiting for an hour to get his drivers license. I am off Turner now, looking at Pivots.

  15. #15
    suspension wrench
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    191
    Dude, you should totally get a Pivot! What a bunch of jerks those Turner guys are! I heard they had free hot dogz at the Intense Demo!

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    211
    Don't know that they are jerks, just a little concerned about what an un-staffed demo both says about customer service.

  17. #17
    Politically Incorrect
    Reputation: motoenth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    643
    An irresponsible marketing rep doesn't equate to poor customer service.
    You're basing your entire opinion of a company (and the quality of their product!) on one employee.
    If you're that p.o.'ed about it, call the company and share your experience.

    Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    453
    yeah I would never buy a bike from a company that employs someone as a sales rep that is stoked to ride our trails. The nerve of someone that would loan out a bunch of bike and then want to RIDE with them. That's just crazy.

  19. #19
    suspension wrench
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    191
    whoa whoa, I think there is a bit of a misunderstanding here. This was never marketed as an "official" demo like Intense thing going on at CF. The plan from the beginning was that Moe would roll in with the trailer full of bikes and anyone and everyone was invited to try one out for the day in Pisgah. We planned a group ride (including Moe) for 9am. Very few people showed up so we waited around until 10 or so. Then we all went out on an awesome ride.

    It was just a super mini gathering of Turner owners and a few potential ones that happened to include the opportunity to try out an '09. It's too bad you didn't roll in at 9ish and you could have had a chance to ride Avery Creek with us.

    I can understand why you were disappointed that nobody was manning the tent we you came by, but that was never implied. I would just be a shame if you made a judgement on Turner customer service based on your misunderstanding of the situation.

    Looking back at my original post, maybe I should have called it a demo ride in the first place. I am to blame for the poor wording that led you believe someone would be there all day. Please don't call Turner and complain about the demo because Moe was a great guy who came to ride and we had a good time and would like them to keep coming back...

    Thanks,
    mike r

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by motoenth
    An irresponsible marketing rep doesn't equate to poor customer service.
    You're basing your entire opinion of a company (and the quality of their product!) on one employee.
    If you're that p.o.'ed about it, call the company and share your experience.

    Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.
    Am I now? Thanks for telling me what I am thinking.
    I have heard many other stories from Turner owners, both good and bad, but I guess you knew that too.
    If I am going to drop around 5k on a new bike, I have to base my decision on something.
    And I thought a chance to ride one would be the fairest test of all. I've demoed the Mach 5 and thought it would nice to spend a few hours on the 5 Spot as well.
    Can't I be disappointed?

    To mike r - thanks for the explanation and clarification.

  21. #21
    Politically Incorrect
    Reputation: motoenth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    643
    Dude - chill out.... or grow up.... either one would be an improvement.
    Are you too juvenile or just too stupid to see I was trying to help you by keeping you from buying something else?

    That's what I get for offering my two cents to someone with 8 posts.
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  22. #22
    Ride WNC
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    24
    You just missed the ride Pisgahrider, ha ha

  23. #23
    Carbon8er
    Reputation: El34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,385
    I have a couple friends with Turners. I rode one of them, didn't like it as much as my Yeti's

    All the paint peeled off his Turner around the head tube.
    The cheesy silver mail box letters looked cheap on a bike that cost that much.

    Now that was a long time ago and Turner may have had a problem that they have since fixed, don't know, just throwing out info.

    I have a Yeti ASR and a 575
    Since about 2001 I have had to call Yeti in CO a few times for parts and service and have always been amazed how great they are do deal with.

    Again, just throwing out info.

  24. #24
    Big Mac
    Reputation: mbmb65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,611
    Quote Originally Posted by El34
    I have a couple friends with Turners. I rode one of them, didn't like it as much as my Yeti's

    All the paint peeled off his Turner around the head tube.
    The cheesy silver mail box letters looked cheap on a bike that cost that much.

    Now that was a long time ago and Turner may have had a problem that they have since fixed, don't know, just throwing out info.

    I have a Yeti ASR and a 575
    Since about 2001 I have had to call Yeti in CO a few times for parts and service and have always been amazed how great they are do deal with.

    Again, just throwing out info.
    Why are you sharing this? Is there a Yeti demo somewhere? And you smack a bike that you really have no experience with? Thanks for the info.

  25. #25
    Carbon8er
    Reputation: El34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,385
    Because I love you man!

  26. #26
    bmw
    bmw is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    296
    It was an awesome ride and Moe was great! This was my first ride on a Turner and I am already well on my way to owning two of them now.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.