Dairey Ridge- Mtbr.com

Thread: Dairey Ridge

Jamin, Applesause, No?

Dairey Ridge

It kicked my butt again last night. WHY? I can do 14miles of south side no problem. 13 miles of bent creek a little tired. 12 miles at dupont and still feeling good. But again only like 11 miles at Dairey ridge and I am worn out. It does not seem like it should be this way. Any body else experience this and know why?

mtbr member
    What/where's Dairey Ridge?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    My buddy rides Dairy Ridge a lot and has been trying to get me to come out there with him. Its in Spartanburg, SC. Have you been out to Duncan Park on those new trails yet?

mtbr member
    There ain't no E in Dariy Ridge. It's a little harder than Southside 'cause the trails tend to got straight up and down the fall line.
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

Jamin, Applesause, No?
    Quote Originally Posted by swoodbrn
    What/where's Dairey Ridge?

If you know where South Side is or Camp Croft in Spartanburg then it is easy to find. But you need a guide the first couple of rides. Take 56 do Dairy Ridge rd (Same road camp croft is off of) and the parking lot for the trails is about a mile on your left past the new bridge.

There is also some parking and an enterance behind the school for the deaf and blind.

Jamin, Applesause, No?
    [QUOTE=Have you been out to Duncan Park on those new trails yet?[/QUOTE]

Not yet. I know they are still working on them. The grand opening for the trails is June 11th. But I think you can ride them now. I am thinking about checking it out this weekend. I hear it is about 6 miles and flowy.

Jamin, Applesause, No?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeridesabike
    There ain't no E in Dariy Ridge. It's a little harder than Southside 'cause the trails tend to got straight up and down the fall line.

It is good to keep me in check about my spelling as I am the worst speller ever. Just shows you why you shouldn't cheat on every spelling test as a boy.

Some Assembly Required
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeridesabike
    Hmmm...Dariy.....Dairy.....hmmmm........"i" before "r" except after "a".....hmmmm....
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Senor StrongBad
    It kicked my butt again last night. WHY? I can do 14miles of south side no problem. 13 miles of bent creek a little tired. 12 miles at dupont and still feeling good. But again only like 11 miles at Dairey ridge and I am worn out. It does not seem like it should be this way. Any body else experience this and know why?
    Yeah, this is normal. The trails at Dairy Ridge are tight and technical with steep short climbs and downhills where you need to ride aggressive. There is no place to rest.
    That said, to be honest, those trails are my favorite xc spot to ride right now.
    I would recommend to keep going out there until you get it dialed.
    I have found that when I am riding strong on those trails that it makes riding those other places that much easier.
    SEI Racing

-eddie.
    I love DR. Just remember, if your in front of others, that means they're hurting more than you. I've told you those hills are only temporary.

Members who have read this thread: 0