Columbia - where to stay- Mtbr.com
    Paste eater

Columbia - where to stay

or where not to stay? Headed to town for w few days for a job interview and know almost nothing about the city...

mtbr member
    May 2009
    where is your interview/// there is no real problems in cola no matter where you stay just make sure they have a pool hotttttttt

mtbr member
    Id say stay in the Vista. Its a good spot to hang out in the evenings (don't miss the Flying Saucer) and its easy access to pretty much anywhere in the Columbia area. If you can bring your bike Harbison isn't too far up the highway. Its hot and muggy right now, though. Plan to have a stroke on the trails.

mtbr member
    You can stay with my wife's parents in Lexington if you will cut the grass.
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by 803diggum
    where is your interview/// there is no real problems in cola no matter where you stay just make sure they have a pool hotttttttt

Well, just looking for a decent place to stay to maybe get a feel for the city. I'd like to check out the east/NE side because that is where we will need to live as my Girlfriend will be comuting to Sumter 3x a week.

Any reccomondations for areas to check out on that side that would balance the need to commute to Sumter and isn't a complete suburban bore?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwind
    Any reccomondations for areas to check out on that side that would balance the need to commute to Sumter and isn't a complete suburban bore?

There is a lot of suburban bore around here. A lot of people that commute to Sumter on a daily basis live near either the Clemson Rd/I-20 area or Clemson Rd./I-77 area and go east of Fort Jackson (back roads) to get there. Both of those areas have hotels nearby. I second the suggestion to stay in the Vista in downtown Columbia and drive to see those other places as part of your trip rather than get a hotel there.

Members who have read this thread: 0