Camping spots around Brevard/ Mills River- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Camping spots around Brevard/ Mills River

Looking to get into town around 10pm on Friday night and looking for a spot to set up and have Fri and Sat night ......I know Davidson river will be booked up and Mills River campground i think is first come first serve so will probably be booked up also......anybody have any suggestions or advice on where to land that might still have a spot at that hour on a Fri night?

mtbr member
    Brevard area tips:

477 (lower part) just isn't worth it IMHO...
    477 (upper part) may have an opening since you have to go all the way up 276 to get there due to the road still being closed just past the stables, there are a few spots near the top of Bennett Gap
    475B has some spots at the top end and some more along the road all the way down to 475 near the hatchery
    225 has spots all the way to the gate
    475 has unofficial spots (i.e. not legal) along the road past cove crk where you will see many people camped.
    475 @ Daniel Ridge has been surprisingly available many weekends this summer, you have to walk in to many of the sights though

past Daniel Ridge there aren't more legal sites until you get to 471 (Cathy's Crk Rd) but I tend to not recommend that as the crowd can get sketchy on that side of the forest.
    many gears, some pies

Members who have read this thread: 0