camping/riding Bent Creek/Dupont this week- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008

camping/riding Bent Creek/Dupont this week

My boys are on spring break and the weather has just turned amazingly nice for the rest of the week so we are coming over from Knoxville to do some riding. Heard great things about the area but have never ridden at Bent Creek or Dupont. We are planning to camp at Davidson river and ride 1 day at each area. I have the list of trail closings at Dupont. Is there anything else we should be aware of as far as trail closings or conditions to avoid? Also does anyone have a favorite ride that would give us a pretty good taste of what the areas are like?
    Thanks

Thread Killer
    Wow, camping at Davidson and not doing the rides there? :-)

DuPont is in great shape, don't worry about the trail closings -- there's still plenty of trail. Make sure you hit Ridgeline from the top-down for some of the most fun, flowing trail you've ever ridden! Park up at the Farm, head down the widetrack to the field, turn right, bomb Ridgeline and then go left on Lake Imaging Road. You can loop over to Conservation Road via Jim Branch and Isaac Hayes (ha) (some climbing here), and stop to look at the waterfalls along the way. If you're feeling good, make your way down to Fawn Lake via Airstrip and over to Reasonover before looping back. Fun ride!

I hear BC is in great shape. Liable to be pretty crowded by the weekend -- a lot of folks have Friday off. I think Greenslick is still closed there.

FWIW, Yellow Gap Road (FS 1206) is open as well if you want a bit more remote camping -- come in via Mills River and over the gap, the campsites along the river may be empty this week.

Gabe.....
    Greenslick is not closed............VERY fast, so ride safe.
    "Roll your own..........." http://smokebikes.com/

Official Cooler Inspector
    Enjoy your weekend.

http://www.pisgahareasorba.org/index...d=9&Itemid=106

You can also catch some paddle time near Bent Creek.
    Now you're cast of steel and cast aside. Broken dreams maybe, but you haven't died

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Good Time

Thanks for all the information. We had a great time. I think I have found a new location to retire to!

Members who have read this thread: 0