A-BOMB 3rd Annual Gathering Wrap-up- Mtbr.com
    BOMB Asheville N.C.
    Jan 2008

A-BOMB 3rd Annual Gathering Wrap-up

Last week A-BOMB (Asheville Believers on Mountain Bikes) held its 3rd annual Southeast Gathering. The week end included great rides, fellowship, food and music. The highlight of the weekend was a true adventure ride lead by Yuri Eliashevsky, fresh off his competing in the PMBAR he took the time and the effort to come out camp, share, and lead a ride for us. I would also like to thank him for sharing the story of all the adversity him and David Cook went through to complete the PMBAR race, David you inspired us all. Its not always about where you finish as much as how you finish. David and Yuri you finished with class and represent all WNC mountain bikers well. I'd also like to thank David Johnson for sharing his gift of music, And David Cauwels for sharing his story. You both strengthened and encouraged us all. Can't wait til September to do it all again. Mike we are praying for your speedy recovery, We'll see you soon.

God Speed, Mark
    Last edited by rider4jesus; 05-25-2011 at 05:54 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I wish I could have been there. Taking a dip in the cold mountain stream after a long day on the trails was perfect.

BOMB Asheville N.C.
    Jan 2008
    Hey there will be the Fall Gathering in September.....Make your plans now.

mtbr member
    Thank you. That was very nice. I had a nice time around the campfire. And eating. That was fun too. Or, I mean, delicious.
    "You can make some of the people happy some of the time, but you can't make all of the people happy all of the time."

mtbr member
    I really enjoyed the ride on sunday. I almost felt bad being the only rider that was "fresh". Everyone else looked like they had done some serious battle with pisgah! Looking forward to the gathering in September;that is if I'm not on my Florida road trip with my wife and son!

drunken pirate
    Its not always about where you finish as much as how you finish.
    Amen.

David and Yuri's pmbar story is a great one. It exemplifies what mountain bike adventure racing is all about to me. Good job guys!
    More Trails, Not Less

Adventures in Pisgah

Big Mac
    I want to hear it.

mtbr member
    Yuri, What was your last checkpoint during PMBAR? I recall seeing a couple of riders heading down to the South Mills River check point around 7:30PM...

mtbr member
    Our last checkpoint was Pilot. We were down by dark but needed our light by Pink Beds, on the way in. Riders heading to S. Mills at Dusk are silly. So it took us about two hours to go from Pink Beds to the finish proper. Crazy.

On a lighter note, a couple of Monday night riders are doing very well at the Tuesday night Etowah ride. (Secret training, shhh... don't tell anyone.) And a couple of those riders will be participating in the Fletcher Flyer this Sunday.
    "You can make some of the people happy some of the time, but you can't make all of the people happy all of the time."

Members who have read this thread: 1