Blowing Rock Trails- Mtbr.com
    Tree Thumper

Blowing Rock Trails

I'm bringing my GF up to blowing rock for the fall foliage turn. We were going to go hiking one day in linville gorge and biking the other. I'm asking for trail information near blowing rock? my GF is novice to intermediate singletrack rider who is tough as nails.

Thanks
    Last edited by jpbova; 09-17-2010 at 09:27 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Options in Watauga County are limited. I recommend driving 40 minutes to Wilkesboro. The following linky has some local ride info (MTB at the bottom).

http://www.booneareacyclists.com/ride-info

Tree Thumper
    dark mtn and warrior creek it is.... thank you. Anyone have any first hand info on these trails?

mtbr member
    Super flowy, small bike friendly and well marked. It's a great trail network for intermediates.

Pirate Race Productions
    Apr 2005
    The new trails up at Beech Mountain are great too - all marked and mapped. Rooty, but not overly technical, and not a ton of climbing, though you feel the altitude.

Still surfin in my 60's.
    There are some good "dirt" roads around you might want to try. Just hunt them out. The Old Watauga River Road is a good one, part pavement, part gravel, and not too steep, plus it runs along side of the Watauga River. Beautiful. You can find other roads branching off this road if you want to explore. Laurel Creek Road from 321 to Rominger Road is a good one also, but has some steep climbing. Flannery Fork Road near Blowing Rock is fairly flat. Find a Boone North Carolina Region Outdoor Recreation Map and Guide at an outfitter like Footslogger's or Mast General Store. Waterproof with a lot of great info.
    So you think you can jump!

Members who have read this thread: 0