Bike Shops that carry Angleset?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Bike Shops that carry Angleset?

Well my favorite bike shop in Charlotte closed (South Park) right in the middle of building a free ride bike. So I was left to buy an Angleset from an online retailer. Unfortunately I clicked on the wrong one. So they shipped the wrong one.

Anyone know of any LBS that have them in stock? It will be atleast a week before I can get one back from Universal Cycles.

I called BioWheels, FATZ, Motion Makers and a couple others.

I know it is an odd part or unique part, but every LBS I asked in Charlotte looked at me like I had three eyes. Not very confidence inspiring.

Thanks for any help.

mtbr member
    Call Liberty?
    They are by far the most well-stocked shop.
    In not, try calling Cane Creek direct? They're in Fletcher...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Falling
    Well my favorite bike shop in Charlotte closed (South Park) right in the middle of building a free ride bike. So I was left to buy an Angleset from an online retailer. Unfortunately I clicked on the wrong one. So they shipped the wrong one.

Anyone know of any LBS that have them in stock? It will be atleast a week before I can get one back from Universal Cycles.

I called BioWheels, FATZ, Motion Makers and a couple others.

I know it is an odd part or unique part, but every LBS I asked in Charlotte looked at me like I had three eyes. Not very confidence inspiring.

Thanks for any help.
    South Park didn't close -- they just moved and changed names. Try Queen City Bikes (old SPC) in Dilworth on East Blvd. That's Bart's new shop.
    mtbchk.blog.com
    www.dirtdivas.net
    www.tarheeltrailblazers.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Thanks.

South Park Moved? Tells how often I build bikes. They should put a sign on the door!

I checked with Liberty, they didn't have it.

Cane Creek's phone says they are closed. I might play hookie and drive out there Monday, I have to drop off wheels at I9 anyway.

Is Cane Creek's shop open on the weekends?

Thread Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by Falling
    Cane Creek's phone says they are closed. I might play hookie and drive out there Monday, I have to drop off wheels at I9 anyway.

Is Cane Creek's shop open on the weekends?
    Cane Creek is a manufacturing facility, not a shop - there is limited will-call ability - company sales are primarily to wholesalers and shops, so product supply is governed by what's in stock and not already committed to be shipped. Call 800-234-2725 before you go, ask for customer service, and get a stock check before you show up at the front door.

And no one is there on the weekends - too busy riding! Ha, ha - seriously, it's normal weekday business hours. If you can't get there yourself, ask your local shop to place an order with The Hawley Co., QBP, BTI, etc. or direct.

mtbr member
    They have no "shop" persay; it's a manufacturing facility. That said, I've been able to pick-up seatpost shims directly from them after my LBS ordered them. Doesn't mean the same applies for a whole headset.

Members who have read this thread: 0