Bike Demo at Richmond Hill 5/30/10- Mtbr.com
    pronounced may-duh

Bike Demo at Richmond Hill 5/30/10

FREE! test rides on some of the best bikes made. Sunday 5/30/10 as part of the Mountain Sports Festival, the Western North Carolina Bicycle Dealers Association will be hosting a bike demo at the new Richmond Hill trail system. The bike demo is a fun way to try the latest bikes and technology for 2010.

The Demo will run from 10:00 AM - 4:00PM
    What You Need:

* Bicycle Helmet
    * Pedals for your bike shoes (limited Shimano SPD and Crank Bros Pedals are available)
    * Drivers License (No test ride without a valid drivers license)
    * Credit Card (Will not be charged unless a bike is damaged or disappears)
    * Under 18? Bring a Parent or Guardian to sign the waiver

Directions to Richmond Hill Park & National Guard Armory
    Hwy. 19/23 (I-26) to Exit 25 UNCA; south on Riverside Dr. 0.4 miles to right at Pearson Bridge Rd.; 0.3 miles to hard right on Richmond Hill Dr.; take right on Richmond Hill Dr.; take right at top of hill; parking lot at end of road. Look for directional signs for the bike demo.

From West Asheville: Take Patton Ave. (going away from downtown Asheville); turn right onto N. Louisiana Ave.; take right onto Emma Rd.; make left onto Bingham Rd.; stay on Bingham Rd., take right onto Thomas St.; turn left onto Richmond Hill Dr.; parking lot at end of road. Look for directional signs for the bike demo.

mtbr member
    what retailers will be there??

"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
    what retailers will be there??
    "Big Gulps huh?...Allllriggghhht....Welp, See ya later!"

mtbr member
    Confirmed (to my knowledge) are:
    Trek/Fisher
    Giant
    Kona
    Rocky Mountain.

In DEFINITELY the most exciting news (for me) for the event- there will be directional arrows telling you where the hey to go during the demo. These will be staying up.

Seth- There will be an orange arrowed counterclockwise loop that is the race course. I hope to have this done by Sunday pm.

Mike

ohhman
    Just a heads up... The Ibis Demo Truck will be @ The Hub on Monday---May 24th for some Pisgah Action. HD's, Mojos, Trannys Etc.

pronounced may-duh
    Quote Originally Posted by salmansp
    Just a heads up... The Ibis Demo Truck will be @ The Hub on Monday---May 24th for some Pisgah Action. HD's, Mojos, Trannys Etc.
    On a Monday! Your killing me. I'd love to take a mojo out in pisgah but Monday is a work day

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Maida7
    On a Monday! Your killing me. I'd love to take a mojo out in pisgah but Monday is a work day
    Maida,

I would trust you to take mine out for a ride sometime. Does not look like I will be riding it again anytime soon (prob 6-8 more weeks before I am on a bike again). I have a Mojo SL with a Talus up front.

Woody

pronounced may-duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman
    Maida,

I would trust you to take mine out for a ride sometime. Does not look like I will be riding it again anytime soon (prob 6-8 more weeks before I am on a bike again). I have a Mojo SL with a Talus up front.

Woody
    Thanks, Woody! that's an offer I can't refuse. I'll email you soon to set it up.

ohhman
    We have a med. and lrg. Mojo Demo @ the shop always if you can't make it Monday.

pronounced may-duh
    Yeah that's the list I have as well. Road and Mtn Bikes. Trek also will have their women's specific bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brown
    Confirmed (to my knowledge) are:
    Trek/Fisher
    Giant
    Kona
    Rocky Mountain.

In DEFINITELY the most exciting news (for me) for the event- there will be directional arrows telling you where the hey to go during the demo. These will be staying up.

Seth- There will be an orange arrowed counterclockwise loop that is the race course. I hope to have this done by Sunday pm.

Mike

Members who have read this thread: 0