Big Bike Peeps needed- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Big Bike Peeps needed

So I've recently been drinking the big travel bike juice and am lovin' the taste. Only problem is that I only know about 2 ppl who will go ride trails that require a big hit bike. So, I was wondering if there was anybody around with whom I could go hit something like wilsons creek with. I've been out there twice but it's hard to match up schedules with the other 2 ppl I know who go out there. So in a nut shell I need some riding buddies with big bikes.Takers?
    D-

mtbr member
    Try ridemonkey.com, Southeast forum.
    Unfortunately, even the interwebz has cliques in our local rider community.

Third Degree Hater-Fu
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brown
    Try ridemonkey.com, Southeast forum.
    Unfortunately, even the interwebz has cliques in our local rider community.
    No cliques. Just folders in the big file of MTB. The folder you're looking for is located at www.ridemonkey.com . Subfolder is "US Regional Cycling Boards". Content folder is "The South".

The link to make it easier:
    http://ridemonkey.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66

And if you're interested in trail advocacy in that area, check out www.booneareacyclists.com .

And just a quick heads up. When you read all the bickering about Wilson's, know that it is all because they all love the place and are trying to protect it, but coming from all sorts of different angles.
    I am not a "Role Model"

mtbr member
    I'm not sure if you're a racer, but the first 2010 Dirty Bird DH race, June 5-6 at Hawksnest Resort (Located in Seven Devils, just the other side of Grandfather Mountain from the Wilson Creek area), would be a great opportunity to meet a lot of local downhillers and get to ride some great trails while you're at it. We haven't secured public, non-race access, so we're gearing the races towards "weekend warriors" and die-hard racers alike. We want to put on fun and relaxed, yet professionally executed events for ALL types of gravity riders.

It doesn't sound like you're looking for races at this point, but I think you'll have fun even if you're really just there to check out the track or spectate.

www.dirtybirddh.com

Members who have read this thread: 0