Bent Creek Trail Closures?- Mtbr.com
    pronounced may-duh

Bent Creek Trail Closures?

Are they still doing logging work in BC? Are any of the trails (such as little hickory top) still closed? What the current situation? Thanks in advance!

Sep 2005
    I think that the sign that was planted in the middle of the entrance to Little Hickory just after five points (before it was removed) stated that the trail was going to be closed until some time around late January of 07'. Don't know if this helps, just thought I would pass it along.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I rode little hickory to sidehill the other week. The closed sign was gone so I assumed it had reopened. Trail was a bit rough from the dozer tracks, they diffently logged it! kind of a scorched earth theme in that section of trail now.

mtbr member
    pretty sure it's technically still closed. 'course there wasn't a sign there the other day either...

"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
    rode it today...no signs, but it sure is ugly up there at the moment...kinda 'wasteland-ish'

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kkjellquist
    rode it today...no signs, but it sure is ugly up there at the moment...kinda 'wasteland-ish'
    I rode it when I was there in October, and it was definitely a wasteland. So clogged with mud I had to walk part way til I came to Sidehill and could get off it.

Is the plan to leave that as it is, or to clean it up once the logging is over so it's rideable?

Sep 2005
    Hopefully we (PAS) can clean that bad boy up and once again make it a fun and sustainable trail. I haven't riden that trail since last summer, kinda' depressing hearing what has become of it, I always enjoyed riding it just for the simple fact that it "flowed" so well. I will make sure I mention it's current status, future, and what we can do to return Little Hickory Top to it's former grandeur tonight at the Pisgah Area Sorba holiday meeting. I will let you guys know what I find out later on this evening.

Marshall
    Last edited by mb3designs; 12-13-2006 at 09:29 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mb3designs
    Hopefully we (PAS) can clean that bad boy up and once again make it a fun and sustainable trail. I haven't riden that trail since last summer, kinda' depressing hearing what has become of it, I always enjoyed riding it just for the simple fact that it "flowed" so well. I will make sure I mention it's current status, future, and what we can do to return Little Hickory Top to it's former grandeur tonight at the Pisgah Area Sorba holiday meeting. I will let you guys know what I find out later on this evening.

Marshall
    It's really not that bad. not that I want it to stay the way that it is but with the ground being relatively hard there isn't as much mud as I feared. It's actually a little challenging to ride the whole thing. course everytime I've done it lately it's been coming back from Mills River so the legs aren't too fresh by that point.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mb3designs

Marshall
    Marshall- did you find anything besides copious flow of adult beverages and business don't mix?

a pretty drunk Mike

Sep 2005

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brown
    Marshall- did you find anything besides copious flow of adult beverages and business don't mix?

a pretty drunk Mike
    Yeah, I was under the impression that there was going to be a short "formal" meeting before we began socializing, but when I arrived and saw everyone was already having a good time I figured that I would save my questions and ideas for another time. I did ask Woody about the possibiliy of building a wooden berm like the one I saw at Snowshoe Mtn but I didn't really want to bother him to much with work related questions since I know that he was in chill mode. I had a really good time and meet some super nice people, look forward to doing it again. I will wait till our next meeting to pick everyone brains.

Marshall

Members who have read this thread: 0