Bent Creek Tomorrow (Thursday) Conditions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010

New question here. Bent Creek Tomorrow (Thursday) Conditions

If anyone is down toward BC tomorrow, please reply with a trail conditions report.

I would say they would be fine, but it has rained all evening here in North Asheville. Richmond Hill was great today, but I was hoping to get in a longer ride tomorrow.

Thanks!

Official Cooler Inspector
    Raining hard here. Might want to avoid the trails till Saturday. There's a two hour Alley Cat ride up town tomorrow evening. Cut & Paste info:

The Southern Comfort AlleyCat is like any other scavenger hunt-style Alley Cat, but short, sweet, and to the point...more of an Alley KittyCat, meow! This is a post-work-weekday bike event so expect to get down and dirty, Southern style, from start to finish.

We’ve concentrated the course to a few specific areas of Asheville. In the future, we will highlight other areas of our great city..(perhaps you can whine your complaints and suggestions to us at the end of the race while we drink a beer.)

The Scoop:
    Sept. 30, Thursday (<--This Week!)

6:30 PM Meet at the Wedge. Pre-Cat refreshments and distribution of the clue sheet...and maybe spoke cards, if we get around to it.
    7:00 PM Git to gitrn 'er done!
    9:00 PM Race is over! Racers must show back up at the Wedge by 9PM or risk disqualification. The results will be tabulated, and a winner will be crowned.

What to Bring:
    Bike.
    Lights for that bike! Let’s get lit.
    Digital Camera, or a Celly that takes pictures (a Polaroid camera is also acceptable, nerd)
    A bag, to carry thingz
    Cash Money (The Cat is free, but the beers are not)
    A street map of Asheville (optional)

As always, costumes encouraged. Somthin' dirty and southern would appropriate. Ride alone, ride with friends, just ride your bike.

Now you're cast of steel and cast aside. Broken dreams maybe, but you haven't died

Quote Originally Posted by Jnthomps08

I would say they would be fine...
    You ever ride BC after 4-5" inches of rain in a few days? It'll probably be like that.
    "The Ice Age is comin', the Sun's zoomin' in..."

-The Clash

Official Cooler Inspector
    Based on what is bouncing off my deck, I'd call Thursday a ruined ride day. Seriously, the lower BC trails will be in bad shape. Service roads might be worth a shot on Friday and anything "high up" is a good option.
    Now you're cast of steel and cast aside. Broken dreams maybe, but you haven't died

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I was just hoping that, by some awesome miracle, BC wasnt getting the rain Montford was getting. Looks like Im on the road bike tomorrow..and probably Friday, too. *sadness*

Members who have read this thread: 0