mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Bent Creek Road Still Closed as of 1/11?

Anyone?

Big Mac

Bent Creek Road Still Closed as of 1/11?

Quote Originally Posted by jamatt View Post
    Anyone?
    Yes. Typically closed all winter, anymore. And with the shutdown and all, who knows? Personally, Id prefer it stayed closed. Wash creek too. Maybe just open up a parking area at the gap. Thatd be rad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    I am new to Bent Creek. I wanted to head out there once the weather clears up. If the road is closed, are the trails closed? Or does it just mean you need to find parking outside the forest and ride in? Thanx,

T

Big Mac
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenechos View Post
    I am new to Bent Creek. I wanted to head out there once the weather clears up. If the road is closed, are the trails closed? Or does it just mean you need to find parking outside the forest and ride in? Thanx,

T
    You can still drive into the forest, just not very far. The main parking areas are still open, being outside the gate. Trails are open, although certainly sloppy in areas. Choose wisely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenechos View Post

T
    The road discussed in this thread is more properly called Bent Creek Gap Rd. The main paved road into Bent Creek is Wesley Branch Rd. and it's fine. Bent Creek Gap Rd. is a gravel road that starts past the main parking areas and intersects with the Blue Ridge Parkway at the same spot as Wash Creek Rd. (which heads down the other side of the ridge, down towards the Trace Ridge trailhead of Pisgah and the Mills River Rec Area.

I have been into Bent Creek with some regularity when there are gaps in the poor weather. Sometimes just for gravel rides, or to ride up to the Parkway (since that section is closed to auto traffic right now, too). When the weather is nice, the parking lots have been especially slammed because people are less able to spread out and also because everybody's got cabin fever and they're taking advantage of the nice weather.