Is the Bent Creek Pump Track open yet?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New question here. Is the Bent Creek Pump Track open yet?

A few weeks ago, it was closed due to seeding and planting, and mud..... Just wanted to check before I make the trip!

Gabe.....
    It's been torture.........but we're still keeping it closed for at least another week. If we get much rain this week then we'll have to wait longer........
    "Roll your own..........." http://smokebikes.com/

mtbr member
    Doh! Thanks for the heads up! I went there with my son just after the seeding and he was bummed.. But it is going to be AWESOME ones that takes and spring gets here! Thanks for all the hard work, it looks great.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Ive tried to find it twice yet failed both times. Maybe next time ill have better luck.

Seems like i drove all around that damn neighborhood, lol.

Gabe.....
    The grass seed has not sprouted on the track but with things being so nice this weekend it will be open.......... Plans are in the works to tweak it a bit so that laps can be made without pedaling but I don't think it's possible at this point.......at least not by me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiyaHiya
    Ive tried to find it twice yet failed both times. Maybe next time ill have better luck.

Seems like i drove all around that damn neighborhood, lol.
    If I am not mistaken, It is on the left if you are driving downhill on idlewood drive. The entrance goes up a small hill, so you can't see it too easily from the road. Once you are up in the parking area you will see a small playground-the track is behind it.

Gabe.....
    Correct..........

mtbr member
    Instead of a crappy tennis court, there's a pump track now - right?
    My one says BRAP!

Gabe.....
    [QUOTE=plume]Instead of a crappy tennis court, there's a pump track now - right?[/QUOTE

Yes, the old unused dead tennis court is history................we had it torn up this fall and built our second pump track. The first one is now the "kiddie" track and the new one is for every one else. It's a great scene with families hanging out on Sundays and good times for all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is the Bent Creek Pump Track open yet?-s5031907.jpg  

Is the Bent Creek Pump Track open yet?-s5032593.jpg  

mtbr member
    Awesome! I was parking at the park over the summer quite a bit just to get away from the crowds at the other 'lots and discovered all the log rides and park trails. Fun stuff and a great way to begin and end a ride is to try your hand at nailing all the logs. I finally got the longest one, but I bet I'd have to practice a bit more at this point. Can't wait for the track to settle in a bit, looks like it needs some more time. Kudos to you guys, what a great place to live!
    My one says BRAP!

endorphin junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokebikes
    Yes, the old unused dead tennis court is history................we had it torn up this fall and built our second pump track. The first one is now the "kiddie" track and the new one is for every one else. It's a great scene with families hanging out on Sundays and good times for all.
    Well THAT explains a few things. I live in BC, and was out running a couple of months ago after one of the snowstorms. On a whim, I hopped on the connector trail from Donnybrook Dr. over to what turned out to be a park, which I hadn't previously known was there.

I was slipping and sliding my way through through nearly a foot of snow and I couldn't figure out why it was so uneven or what the hell I was tripping on underneath!
    "Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."
    T.S. Eliot

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

I stopped by there today and it looks like the grass has sprouted...

Members who have read this thread: 0