Bent Creek Defined 8/12- Mtbr.com
    Official Cooler Inspector

Bent Creek Defined 8/12

Now you're cast of steel and cast aside. Broken dreams maybe, but you haven't died

ready to ride
    Thanks for all the work Dobovedo!

You might already be using something like this, but if not its worth mentioning. I have a GPS app on my phone that works pretty good. You can take pictures and it marks a waypoint. You can then share that waypoint via several different methods including email. You then have a record of the image and location in form of a .kmz You can open that open in google earth and its accurate with in 16ft. It shows the location and the picture. Pretty cool to a geek like me

Always thought about volunteering for the trail surveys. I might just have to do that.

endorphin junkie
    I wanted to use a better camera than the one on my phone, so I brought my Panasonic Lumix and used my Garmin 305. The two aren't linked, but I'm hoping I can find some kind of software program that can match up the images to a GPS track using time stamps from the waypoints and EXIF info. Anybody ever heard of something like that?

Next camera will have GPS. Looking at a Lumix DMC-ZS20. Has a ton of features but I've heard optics aren't as good as my trusty old ZS1
    "Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."
    T.S. Eliot

ready to ride
    I have a Pentax WG1 , great rugged waterproof camera. I bought it without the GPS but you can get them with it. Mainly got it for fishing and boating where I have killed countless others. Takes awesome pictures and video outdoors. Inside and in very low light not so much. That said I have no idea what the interface/interlink is like. What I mentioned above is from an app for my iPhone. All in all not a huge fan of the iPhone compared to the droid but it has some pluses. The phone part, camera and GPS seem pretty solid.

I am sure you can link the two up, it will just take some work. Thats where I am impressed with the iPhone app, makes it simple, not great, just easy. Kind of liking easy these days.

I see you are the organizer for some of the group rides at BC. I usually do my own thing solo or with a few friends but maybe we will cross paths.

:cheers

endorphin junkie
    Revised Link 2012-0812 Bent Creek Trail Survey - a set on Flickr

Added Geotagging information using EasyGPS and reuploaded the entire set. Cool little program, although a bit frustrating to figure out... help sucks. But hey.. what do you expect for free?
    "Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."
    T.S. Eliot

Members who have read this thread: 0