Bennet Gap Video- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Bennet Gap Video

Short video on Bennet Gap. Fun times!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHfgwCK2Zrc
    It's All Good!!

Philosophizer
    Wow. thats really funny. I hope the video skills gat better as we do more of it. I guess it was OK for our first try........
    I hate rude behavior in a man.....won't tolerate it. - Woodrow F Call.

Mar 2007
    what day did you guys ride Bennet Gap. We ran it it wen and thursday.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BunkerKing
    what day did you guys ride Bennet Gap. We ran it it wen and thursday.

We were on it Friday around 4:30.
    It's All Good!!

I love Pisgah
    Yesterday I was out for a nice solo ride doing Bennett along the way. Around noon.

Last edited by Duckman; 04-14-2007 at 11:48 AM.
    "I've breathed the mtn air, man" Johnny Cash

It's a long way to the top
    . . . if you wanna rock and roll (ac/dc)

Apr 2006
    Nice video and pics.

Mar 2007
    Anybody find an elbow pad? I lost it thursday.

I love Pisgah
    Matter of fact I did. Its just off the trail now near a close TH. Hopefully no one has picked it up. PM me for more details.
    "I've breathed the mtn air, man" Johnny Cash

It's a long way to the top
    . . . if you wanna rock and roll (ac/dc)

mtbr member
    don't ride pisgah it really sucks!

My one says BRAP!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by plume
    don't ride pisgah it really sucks!

Too true...go find a "good" place to ride. Pisgah is the worst.
    It's All Good!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Is Bennett Gap trial open now? Seems like I heard that it was a seasonal trail?

pronounced may-duh
    closed after 4/15

Apr 2007

... and if we just ... What's in a name

Flair4040,
    What's in a name. I've been watching you for a while and I think you seem to have some skills...skills riding and skills with video. It could all be better though. You'll improve over time. I've been riding since 98 and am quite the professional. I could take you anytime i wanted to.
    BTW, pick a more original name next time, dude.

bi-winning
    boing boing boing.

looks like fun.

great job, especially for a first attempt.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Philosophizer
    Quote Originally Posted by tootie
    Flair4040,
    What's in a name. I've been watching you for a while and I think you seem to have some skills...skills riding and skills with video. It could all be better though. You'll improve over time. I've been riding since 98 and am quite the professional. I could take you anytime i wanted to.
    Wow! Called out by someone named Tootie.

mtbr member
    Flair4040,
    Tootie,

I would love to learn from someone who has been riding since 98. I have tried to gain skills and knowledge from mtnbiker66, but he we have reached a sticking point in my development. I think that you would be able to help me progress to the next level. Please teach me. I will be the clay and you can be the potter. Help a brother out.

flair4040
    It's All Good!!

Philosophizer
    Quote Originally Posted by flair4040
    Tootie,

I would love to learn from someone who has been riding since 98. I have tried to gain skills and knowledge from mtnbiker66, but he we have reached a sticking point in my development. I think that you would be able to help me progress to the next level. Please teach me. I will be the clay and you can be the potter. Help a brother out.

flair4040

Come on Tootie,step it up. I would love to get in on some of that pro skill as well.

Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker66
    Come on Tootie,step it up. I would love to get in on some of that pro skill as well.
    I guess he is too busy filming the next episode of "Facts of Life".

Apr 2007
    4040 and 66...what are you both thinking? Someone of my skill level cannot share the finer art that i have developed. You'll see me out there someday, and trust me, when you do you'll tell yourself, "Dude, there goes the toots." Oh, yeah...you'll know it's me. There will be no doubt. My stumpy is only one of the tools in my arsenal. I am the other. When are you riding again and maybe you can catch a glimpse of the ever so speedy and talented, me. I always ride alone. Some people call me the "Lone Rider." I've had to get myself out of some ripped up places before. I rode down one of the waterfalls in Dupont three times in a row before i tacoed my front wheel and broke my fork.
    Now you understand why i cannot teach these fines abilities. You're not ready for them yet. In time though, grasshopper, you'll be ready and i'll know when you are. i'll still be watching you Flair4040.
    Have a good day.

pronounced may-duh
    My stumpy is only one of the tools in my arsenal. .
    Tootie rides a stumpy? All this time I thought she was that skinny chick on the roller skates.

mtbr member
    4040 and 66...what are you both thinking? Someone of my skill level cannot share the finer art that i have developed. You'll see me out there someday, and trust me, when you do you'll tell yourself, "Dude, there goes the toots." Oh, yeah...you'll know it's me. There will be no doubt. My stumpy is only one of the tools in my arsenal. I am the other. When are you riding again and maybe you can catch a glimpse of the ever so speedy and talented, me. I always ride alone. Some people call me the "Lone Rider." I've had to get myself out of some ripped up places before. I rode down one of the waterfalls in Dupont three times in a row before i tacoed my front wheel and broke my fork.
    Now you understand why i cannot teach these fines abilities. You're not ready for them yet. In time though, grasshopper, you'll be ready and i'll know when you are. i'll still be watching you Flair4040.
    Have a good day.
    I am in awe of your described skills. I dearly want to learn more. Help me.
    It's All Good!!

Philosophizer
    I hope to see you out one day. I can't even start to think what some one of you skill would look like. The fact that you brag about your stumpy tool says a lot about you.

Big ring = No chainsuck
    I noticed that you didn't have any shots of girlscout hucking off the big rock... that is what I was looking for!!!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in his shoes...
    That way, when you criticize him you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Apr 2007
    I hope to see you out one day. I can't even start to think what some one of you skill would look like. The fact that you brag about your stumpy tool says a lot about you.
    Hola 66,
    I understand you are quite talented with the guitar. Your pics were pretty cool. I must tell you though, the basic guitar is for children and folks of lesser talent. I know though, dude...i was there in my younger days...before 98. I, myself am skilled in the electric guitar, bass, and harpsicord. I am working on the slide trumbone. I am a one man band. I am up to playing the bass and harpsicord while shredding rock gardens and mud holes. If you're ever out there and hear a marching band in the distance, you'll know the toots isn't far away. It's pretty awesome. That is after years of practice. Remember, i've been riding since 98 and this isn't for you rookies....or free riders.

Philosophizer
    Hola 66,
    I understand you are quite talented with the guitar. Your pics were pretty cool. I must tell you though, the basic guitar is for children and folks of lesser talent. I know though, dude...i was there in my younger days...before 98. I, myself am skilled in the electric guitar, bass, and harpsicord. I am working on the slide trumbone. I am a one man band. I am up to playing the bass and harpsicord while shredding rock gardens and mud holes. If you're ever out there and hear a marching band in the distance, you'll know the toots isn't far away. It's pretty awesome. That is after years of practice. Remember, i've been riding since 98 and this isn't for you rookies....or free riders.
    I am in awe.........I could only hope to hear that marching band deep in the woods one day.I do understand you learning to play the slide trumbone,you are great at blowing your own horn. Could you give me some idea what trails you ride. I could hang out on them with my camera and get a pic of the tooter.

mtbr member
    I am in awe.........I could only hope to hear that marching band deep in the woods one day.I do understand you learning to play the slide trumbone,you are great at blowing your own horn. Could you give me some idea what trails you ride. I could hang out on them with my camera and get a pic of the tooter.
    I am speechless. The things you have learned to do on a bike amaze me. We have a mountain bike club at our school. I would be honored if you would come ride with us one Thursday. Our kids have had the chance to ride with Chris Herndon a few times. However, riding with you may be even better. Do you go big as well or do you just shred downhill while playing your tuba or whatever else you play? Please tell me more.
    Last edited by flair4040; 04-26-2007 at 05:31 AM.
    It's All Good!!

Apr 2006
    You guys have to be kidding me.

Apr 2007
    Remember now, it's "the toots," "tootie," or "the Lone Rider." "The tooter" it definitely is not. No self respecting pro from 98 could strap a handle on like that.
    So, you want to learn about the trails i ride. I'm here nine months out of the year. The other three, i'm touring the mountains of Russia during the bitter cold. That takes special nobbies. You might not know that. I deliver mail from town to town. You should see my calf muscles. The Russian mail system keeps you really peddling. That's how i give back to society. 4040 i don't think you could hang with that either. 66, maybe, but not you. Hey, don't you ride the same rig as i do?

Apr 2007
    I would never kid about a thing like this Steve-O.

Philosophizer
    Well old tooter, post up a pic of that epic riding Russian winter express rig of yours.Please don't talk of straping things on.Oooohhhhhhh!!!!!

Apr 2007
    i see we are both here together.

Apr 2007
    i know 66, this must be a life changing experience to be in the presence of greatness. Mano y mano...here in the forum and on the thread at the same time. That's ok...i have the wonderful experience of being with myself all the time. You amuse me mtbr66. Flair4040, you're losing ground. Where is that great sense of humor and enthusiasm for the toots. You usually have 66's back, right...atleast that's what it seems like to me. It's a commendable strategy. One day, you too will be strong enough to hack it alone, like me.

Apr 2006
    I would never kid about a thing like this Steve-O.
    Since you like to hack it alone, would it be proper to also call you the "lone hacker"? I've met quite a few pros from 98 and they don't know of a tootie. Enlighten us with tales of greatness from 98.....ness.

Philosophizer
    i know 66, this must be a life changing experience to be in the presence of greatness. Mano y mano...here in the forum and on the thread at the same time. That's ok...i have the wonderful experience of being with myself all the time. You amuse me mtbr66. Flair4040, you're losing ground. Where is that great sense of humor and enthusiasm for the toots. You usually have 66's back, right...atleast that's what it seems like to me. It's a commendable strategy. One day, you too will be strong enough to hack it alone, like me.
    I'm in the presence of the great Tooter. I really don't know how to act. What is the proper protocol when dealing with a pro level rider from '98. I can tell you are a legend in your own mind.

Apr 2007
    Let me tell you a little more about myself. I graduated from high school in 1975. You already know that i am a one man band. Well it's good to finally be able to use the talents. You see, after i graduated from high school, i aspired to be a musician. I was on the road for two and a half years playing...in and out of bars doing gigs. My favorite joint was the rotten onion on 83rd and Anderson. I couldn't make a go at that, so that's when i took up road biking, lost a lot of weight and started body building...you know Arnold was really big then. I packed on a lot of muscle, especially in my legs. That's when i decided to try mountain biking. It only took me twenty years and that's when i turned pro in 98. Anyway, i am at my happiest when i can slice through a narly set of circumstances in Pisgah while tooting away...and plucking some chords out.

Apr 2007
    i see you're back again 66, couldn't stay away from greatness. Again, i understand completely.

Philosophizer
    You were a hit in a joint called the rotten onion??? Thats impressive.I've only played really small places like the Georgia Mtn Center. You grow in stature with every post.

Apr 2007
    Never heard of it.

May 2006
    You grow in stature with every post.

I like your style toots, bold, daring, not afraid of anything; it sounds like you would be immortal on the trail.

Apr 2007
    Ah, cold45, you are familiar with the toots? I like your style too, dude. Thanks for the props. See that 66, some folks know and appreciate that which you do not understand. Shine on cold45...shine on.

Philosophizer
    Tooter, you have brought much humor this week. I hope to run into you on the trail one day. I want to learn from the "master". Would it be possible for me to obtain such status? What path should I take? Help me tooter......

mtbr member
    I am afraid I am growing rather tired of the toots. I hear that you taco wheels while riding down Pisgah waterfalls, you deliver mail in the Russian mountains, and you play the tuba while shredding knarly downhill on Pisgahs toughest trails. All of that sounds impressive...but I need proof. I am sure that they write folk songs about your mad skills in Russia. How come we have yet to hear about you in the good old USA? After all, you have been pro since 98. I would think after kicking everyones but for 9 years we would have heard more about you. Tell me, how have you managed to keep such skill under cover?

You say you and I ride the same rig. I have a few questions about your bike.

1. What fork do you run?
    2. How much pressure do you run in your tires when your are bombing down the waterfalls of Pisgah
    3. How bad would you kick mtnbiker66's behind in a downhill race?
    4. Getting off the subject of the bike...have you ever been in prison?

We do need more information about the marvel that has been revealed to us.
    It's All Good!!

Apr 2007
    wish there were hill s like that were i live

Big Mac

No good Oh please!!

Please make it stop! This thread went from bad to worse. Now you kids go to your room.

Philosophizer
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmb65
    Please make it stop! This thread went from bad to worse. Now you kids go to your room.
    If you don't like it, don't read it..

Big Mac

That's a great idea!

If you don't like it, don't read it..
    But I can't tell if the thread will be a legitamte thread w/actual content or useless drivel, unless I do read it.

mtbr member
    But I can't tell if the thread will be a legitamte thread w/actual content or useless drivel, unless I do read it.
    But this thread is the best. What other thread lets you see great video, learn true words of wisdom about the area from mtnbiker66, and recieve pertinent information about the mountains of far off Russiathe toots . Come on brother, this thread has it all. You have to open your mind and let it all pour in.
    It's All Good!!

Philosophizer
    ....and you see this is most likely the most important thread ever on MTBR.

Apr 2007
    i'm in complete agreement with you 66 and you 4040. you see mbmb65, the toots, 66 and 4040 have been rippin' out this thread for the better part of a week. we are all more intelligent for being a part of it. you, too, have no doubt benefitted though you do not see this right now. not to worry...it will be revealed to you when the time is right.
    you see, 66 and 4040 are my cyber students and are coming along quite nicely i might add. they are being enlighted by the toots, and are entering into a higher plane of understanding. as 4040 would say, "it's all good."

Philosophizer
    True that Toots.....true that. Some folks just don't "get it".

Dec 2005
    "Your moms a freerider"

mtbr member
    True that Toots.....true that. Some folks just don't "get it".
    66....man ole man...I finally got to ride with the toots. It was everything I had ever dreamed of. It was almost surreal. First, I heard music coming down the trail, then I saw a red blur. I jumped on the rear wheel of the toots and hung on as long as I could. I saw the toots look back, grin, and then really start to mash down on the pedals. It was not long before I heard the music fade and I was once again alone on the trail. I almost touched greatness. Wow is all I can say.
    It's All Good!!

Philosophizer
    That's awesome. I thought I heard the toots a while back on Bennet, but it was just girlscout passing gas. I don't know if I could handle the seeing the tooter.........You must be a better rider for it.

May 2008
    Knock, Knock! Guess who. I have been reborn. Yes, it's me...The Toots. Back in action. I have just returned from Russia. This was the most gnarly year at delivering the mail. I had to hire a pack of goats to haul mail for me. I did ride my bike the whole time, though. There was just tons of mail.
    I rode Burnt Mtn. five times yesterday. It's not open til the end of the month, but what the heck. I've got to get ahead of all you freeriders. I like to be the first to experience things and I deserve it. I've been pro since '98, you know. I rode solo, stopped at the top to enjoy nature's music and took off like a bat out of hell. I tell you the truth...I think I got air the whole time. I even amazed myself. There is still some earth moving heavy equipment on the trail so I wouldn't recommend this for amateurs or even decent freeriders like Mtnbiker66 and Flair4040. No doubt you'ld never make it out alive. Leave this one to me.
    Ladies, (that means 66 and 4040) just let me know when you want me to skill you in the finer art that is the toots. The kiddie trail might be the place to start.
    Later.

Philosophizer
    I'm glad that you think poaching closed trails is an awesome thing to do. I bet all the folks that put in the hard work really love to hear this. Happy trails.

May 2008
    Well, to tell the truth...I rode it five times because now it takes that to get the same enjoyment out of it as it use to be when you rode it once. They took all the fun out of it. I guess it's less "dangerous" but where's the fun now. I liked it better before. Well, now I don't know what will separate me from the rest of you losers out there. I'll look just like everybody else since everybody can ride Burnt Mountain now.

Philosophizer
    Wow..........you must really be something on the trail. I would love to get some riding lessons from you some time.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Toots
    Well, to tell the truth...I rode it five times because now it takes that to get the same enjoyment out of it as it use to be when you rode it once. They took all the fun out of it. I guess it's less "dangerous" but where's the fun now. I liked it better before. Well, now I don't know what will separate me from the rest of you losers out there. I'll look just like everybody else since everybody can ride Burnt Mountain now.
    Hey Toots,

You sound like an awesome girl. Do you go to the gym? Maybe you and I can go on a ride date sometime?
    BS'ing less, riding more.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by extrmtao
    Hey Toots,

You sound like an awesome girl. Do you go to the gym? Maybe you and I can go on a ride date sometime?
    Funny you should ask...I actually work out six days a week at the gym. A combination of free weights and cardio on the tread mill. How about you? Not that I really care. I am an amazing specimen of meat and potatoes. The calves are like rocks and the bi's are like russet potatoes. woooowhooooo. Due to the intensity of my workouts, I am forced to work out alone. No one can hang with the toots.

Philosophizer
    Has anyone ever seen the toots? You must be something in real life. How would a simple mortal such as I get to ride with the toots?

mtbr member
    This is why I ride alone.

Big Mac
    Quote Originally Posted by D.F.L.
    This is why I ride alone.
    +1 on that sentiment. I'am currently playing the "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" game and it's kinda tough, really.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

naw man

you couldnt skid like these guys anyway. fatter than a watermelon pigeonhead.

Philosophizer
    +1 on that sentiment. I'am currently playing the "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" game and it's kinda tough, really.

Come on and just say whatever's on your mind. You may get a rise out of old toots.

mtbr member
    This was the greatest thread ever!!!!!
    It's All Good!!

Members who have read this thread: 1