Bend or Moab trails Easy like Bent Creek?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Bend or Moab trails Easy like Bent Creek?

I'm leaving for Portland, Or. Monday and will take the bike if there's anything a crippled old man can ride? Just so I can say I was there and get a T-shirt
    IT'S CRACKERS TO SLIP A ROZZER THE DROPSY IN SNIDE

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Never ridden Bent Creek, but Bend has tons if intermediate bike trails. Check out the Mackenzie River trail. Awesome scenery. Bend also has ten breweries.

Big Mac

Slick rock trail in Moab is pretty easy. Not much else though. Never been to Bend, but with only 10 breweries, I'd steer clear. 😄

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Both places have easy trails. Most of Bend is pretty tame, and McKenzie River is a good option. Slickrock isn't a bad rec for Moab, but there is other stuff that's easy too. The most accessible easy stuff will be at the Brand trails, but there are hundreds of trails around Moab, and not all are super tech..

Bix Pender
    Feb 2009
    I assume you'll be driving from pdx to bend....... Better trails are to be found around Hood River. You've got Surveyors Ridge and Dog River for epic views of Mt. Hood and descents. Post Canyon, closer to town and lots of plank board free ride stuff. http://www.ormtb.com/Hood_River/HR_T...ostCanyon.html
    Hood River Mountain Biking Trail Conditions | The Gorge is my Gym

In Bend you've got the Phil's trail network and some stuff around Mt. Bachelor that are cool but not very difficult.

The opposite direction of Bend, however, you've got some sweet trails around Mt. St. Helens and one really closet to PDX, in the town of Washougal, called Three Corners Rock. It's only about 30 minutes from downtown. Also some fun trails in Sandy, called the Sandry Ridge Trail System (to which you can even take public transportation from Portland)!

Crap, I almost forgot that close to Bend on the other side of the Cascades you've got Oakridge that has a couple of super sweet trails. Most notably the Alpine Trail(highly recommended!)

have you seen this website: Bend Area - Ride Oregon Ride The North Fork/Flagline loop is awesome, as is Tumalo Falls Also check out Smith Rock State Park while you're there.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I am in Bend till next fall. Lots of mellow grade but super fun riding here. There are many bike shops and each can make specific recommendations when you get here. The Bent Creek of Bend is called Phils trails, trailhead is just out of town. easy system to navigate if you have a map. PM me and I may be able to join you for a ride and show you around.

Woody

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    We have 20+ breweries here in Bend now, your stats are old.

Mck trail is indeed awesome, but the upper half is really quite technical with high penalty for falling onto lava rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by kayak View Post
    Never ridden Bent Creek, but Bend has tons if intermediate bike trails. Check out the Mackenzie River trail. Awesome scenery. Bend also has ten breweries.

Big Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    We have 20+ breweries here in Bend now, your stats are old.

Mck trail is indeed awesome, but the upper half is really quite technical with high penalty for falling onto lava rocks.
    20+!? Now that's more like it. Maybe I'll visit.

dead weight
    Dec 2003
    Moab: Klondike Bluffs and the Brand Trails. Mag 7 and Proc Rim for shuttle options. Slickrock is classic but has climbs which are very tough physically... maybe not so difficult technically but tough on legs/lungs.
    A bunch of my ride pics: http://uberfarm.com/mnf

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The newer trail system at Dead Horse Point State Park near Moab is very mellow and has something in the neighborhood of 20 miles of singletrack.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    You and the wife would like it.

Quote Originally Posted by mbmb65 View Post
    20+!? Now that's more like it. Maybe I'll visit.

Big Mac

You know Woody, I think you're right.