Beech Trail video- Mtbr.com
    Pirate Race Productions
    Apr 2005

Beech Trail video

Shot Friday April 26. Enjoy

spec4life???..smh...
    nice vid...i raced there last fall in the pouring rain but i remember the trails having a pretty unique feel to them apart from my home trails down the mountain in Wilkes and most any other trail system iv rode in NC...very fun though alot better than the vid can do it justice..

If i remember the trail i raced was around 8 miles...how many miles of trails are up there now..

Honestly Beech Mtn is about one of my favorite areas of NC...

mtbr member
    Nice stuff and thanks for the link to your website. It looks like it is worth a trip up.
    On One Summer Season Single Speed

Pirate Race Productions
    Apr 2005
    Thanks!

If you did the App State race I'm pretty sure their loop was only about 4.5 or 5 miles, as you did not ride the Oz Forest trail near the top of the chairlift. That said the main loop in the video is about about 7 miles including what is completed on the extension. Once we finish the extension the loop will be about 9, plus a 2.5 mile Super-D. Add in the jeep road and trail climb up the backside, plus the unofficial but very fun trails in West Bowl, there is probably 15-20 total miles total.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    How much of the trail from that video will be in the XC race on June 18?

Pirate Race Productions
    Apr 2005
    No the opening paved climb, or the first grassy climb and single track off the top back to the road. All the rest plus the 2 miles of corridor I cleared today will be on the Cat 1 loop. The switchbacks on Hare Turns will only be in the lower cats if we can do some root mitigation. I'm relying on input from folks like the Marlands to have the course be fun and safe for everyone.

spec4life???..smh...
    Quote Originally Posted by stackout
    Thanks!

If you did the App State race I'm pretty sure their loop was only about 4.5 or 5 miles, as you did not ride the Oz Forest trail near the top of the chairlift. That said the main loop in the video is about about 7 miles including what is completed on the extension. Once we finish the extension the loop will be about 9, plus a 2.5 mile Super-D. Add in the jeep road and trail climb up the backside, plus the unofficial but very fun trails in West Bowl, there is probably 15-20 total miles total.
    yeah it was the app race..i couldnt remember the distance for sure..sounds like the trails are coming along nicely hope i can get back up there soon...

Pirate Race Productions
    Apr 2005
    Finished flagging the XC extension today - next big priority is getting the Super-D built. Boone Area Cyclists are sponsoring a trail day on Saturday May 21, and I'm looking for "off-mountain" folks - to help get the new stuff knocked out while the Boone posse gets the old NORBA-era trails buffed out. More details will be posted here, on BeechMTB.com and the BeechMTB facebook page as they are available, but please plan to come up that day, work, ride, perhaps even imbibe.

Thanks a ton

stack

Members who have read this thread: 0