Beech Mtn Bike Park Opening- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Beech Mtn Bike Park Opening

Anyone know when opening day is?

mtbr member
    May 25th. Season will run from May 25th (We are hosting round 3 of the DH Southeast Series May 25th and 26th)-October 13th.

Hours are:
    May 25th-Sept 8th: Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday 10 am-6:00 pm.

After Sept 8th: Friday, Saturday, Sunday 10 am-6 pm.

Special dates and notes:
    -May 25th and 26th: DH Southeast
    -August 25th: Beech Mountain Enduro

*We will be closed one weekend in September for Autumn at Oz (dates pending)
    *We will be open the entire 4th of July week!

We have a ton of rad stuff planned for this year so make sure to follow our Instagram page. Highlights include a new Doppelmayr lift, full tune up of existing trails, new progressive jump trail, extended hours, and brand new Deasonbuilt bike trays. We are super excited to start the season, hope to see you there!

mtbr member
    Thanks. I'll definitely be there a few times this summer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Oh wow, extended dates this year! Nice!

mtbr member
    Yep, been planning that for a long time. We feel the timing is right and the demographic is there. Nothing like riding in the fall!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_Brad View Post
    Yep, been planning that for a long time. We feel the timing is right and the demographic is there. Nothing like riding in the fall!
    Sounds great Brad! Any word on what DH course the 40+ guys are running for the May race? I have not even ridden my DH bike yet this year, but I want to do this race. I may even do it on my new Norco Range.
    SEI Racing

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy R View Post
    Sounds great Brad! Any word on what DH course the 40+ guys are running for the May race? I have not even ridden my DH bike yet this year, but I want to do this race. I may even do it on my new Norco Range.
    Black Bear (Pro Track) with the longer upper section. We are removing a couple lippy rocks throughout the course that don't really make sense on a race track. Check out the Instagram page for pictures of the bike trays. Lift maintenance are installing them as we speak. I will post some pictures later as well.

mtbr member
    Here are some updates for you guys. We are well ahead of schedule and anxiously awaiting opening weekend keep an eye on our Instagram and Facebook pages for more info. Our website has detailed pricing and hours of operation as well. We also added a free tune up for returning season pass holders courtesy of our in house World Cup mechanic.

*amendments and additions to/from the previous post:
    -Closing day is October 12th, not the 13th
    -We will be open the entire 4th of July week (June 27-July 7th)
    -We will not be closed for 1 weekend in September for Autumn at Oz
    -We have added summer tubing and roller skating activities so bring
    the family!

Here are some teaser photos:
    Beech Mtn Bike Park Opening-img_0092.jpg
    Beech Mtn Bike Park Opening-img_0100.jpg
    Beech Mtn Bike Park Opening-img_0114.jpg
    Beech Mtn Bike Park Opening-img_0113.jpg
    Beech Mtn Bike Park Opening-img_0115.jpg

Coffee Drinker
    Just got home from riding Beech Mtn. Had a great time, trails and terrain are great and got to meet Brad. It was obvious that there were tremendous improvements since my last visit in '17.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Taildragger View Post
    Just got home from riding Beech Mtn. Had a great time, trails and terrain are great and got to meet Brad. It was obvious that there were tremendous improvements since my last visit in '17.
    Thanks for the feedback and for supporting the park! I was actually getting ready to post a lot of videos from our existing trails and a progress report on our new trail. Stay tuned!

mtbr member
    Hey guys as promised here are quick helmet cams of every trail plus some pictures of our new trail "Canebrake".

Green Mamba
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdCaBrRlIE8
    Lower Green Mamba Woods
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBncZJAbkZU&t=15s
    Lower Green Mamba Skills
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cITA065l_ZI&t=43s
    Upper Indigo to Burmese Python
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvqHrypLR-E
    Lower Burmese Python
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXJJi1IbcPM
    Upper Indigo to Copperhead
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsTS0wORa6A
    Lower Copperhead (trail wasn't quite ready, needed some drainage work)

Upper Black Bear
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wQmWcfRlaM
    Lower Black Bear to Hellbender
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hl3XbqmM8E

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Hey guys as promised here are quick helmet cams of every trail plus some pictures of our new trail "Canebrake".
    Thanks for the vids, Blackbear looks fun! Wife and I plan on coming up July 5th for the weekend and are looking forward to riding your park.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Nice riding Brad, looking forward to visiting this year, hopefully it's less eventful than last year.

Is Blue Ridge Rocks still open?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pryde1 View Post
    Thanks for the vids, Blackbear looks fun! Wife and I plan on coming up July 5th for the weekend and are looking forward to riding your park.
    Awesome! That will be a fun weekend for sure.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adodero View Post
    Nice riding Brad, looking forward to visiting this year, hopefully it's less eventful than last year.

Is Blue Ridge Rocks still open?
    No I deleted a lot of Upper Blue Ridge Rocks because nobody liked it and the rock piles the previous trail builder built were weird. As you can see from the videos there are three trails up top: Green Mamba, Indigo, and Black Bear. Indigo splits into Copperhead and Burmese Python. Copperhead shares a lot of the old Blue Ridge Rocks contour especially after the road. One of the goals was to get everything to flow better from the top and I think that we achieved that. Hope you get to come up this summer.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    No I deleted a lot of Upper Blue Ridge Rocks because nobody liked it and the rock piles the previous trail builder built were weird. As you can see from the videos there are three trails up top: Green Mamba, Indigo, and Black Bear. Indigo splits into Copperhead and Burmese Python. Copperhead shares a lot of the old Blue Ridge Rocks contour especially after the road. One of the goals was to get everything to flow better from the top and I think that we achieved that. Hope you get to come up this summer.
    Nice! I can't say I'll miss it and most folks I talked to felt it was similarly awkward, especially for a blue. The new stuff looks great and we'll definitely be coming a few times this year.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    [QUOTE=Sugar_Brad;14084412]Here are some updates for you guys. We are well ahead of schedule and anxiously awaiting opening weekend keep an eye on our Instagram and Facebook pages for more info. Our website has detailed pricing and hours of operation as well. We also added a free tune up for returning season pass holders courtesy of our in house World Cup mechanic.

the family!

So I just want to confirm...Beech is open on July 1st and 2nd which is a Monday and Tuesday. I don't want to drive up for it to be closed. Couldn't find this information on the website anywhere.
    2018 Diamondback Release 3
    2016 Vilano Blackjack 3.0

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=Jerm2006;14153397]
    Here are some updates for you guys. We are well ahead of schedule and anxiously awaiting opening weekend keep an eye on our Instagram and Facebook pages for more info. Our website has detailed pricing and hours of operation as well. We also added a free tune up for returning season pass holders courtesy of our in house World Cup mechanic.

the family!

So I just want to confirm...Beech is open on July 1st and 2nd which is a Monday and Tuesday. I don't want to drive up for it to be closed. Couldn't find this information on the website anywhere.
    We actually added a day. We will be open continuously from Wed June 26th through July 7th. Our marketing team does a good job of making sure our hours are posted on the website:Beech Mtn Bike Park Opening-screenshot_20190622-075030.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    We had a great time this weekend, having the lift back was really nice, even though I kindof miss the social aspect of the shuttles. The new trail work seems great and the berms on Burmese Python were awesome, it seems like you guys mellowed them out some and they link together a lot easier than they did previously. I really like the new one at the top of Burmese as well.

We didn't get to try the new blue yet, it was my buddy's first time at the park and so we took it pretty easy especially considering the conditions.

Only suggestion, I mentioned this to the guys at the front desk, but the bottom of the woods section on Burmese has a tree with a few loose roots shooting out into the trail. I rode down with 5 others and all 6 of us got snagged by it in various ways, it almost sent me off the bike. Might be a good idea to cut them out. There are obviously lines around it, but it seemed like we all got funneled into the same place.

Beech Mtn Bike Park Opening-img_9522.jpg

mtbr member
    Glad you guys enjoyed the park. The roots you are speaking of are not part of a rideable line. I sent up one of our trail crew to check it out as soon as you mentioned it. I also rode all three lines all day and did not have an issue with any of them. For the easier bailout line the trail is designed to be ridden low and to the right. A faster rider would land on you if I opened the line up that you guys were trying to ride. Try riding the high left line next time, it's the easiest out of the three options. If you are still struggling with this section we cut an easier bailout line on the right that feeds into the easiest section of Black Bear.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Ah, understood. We rode the other lines later in the day, but it seemed like enough people were getting caught on that bit to bring it up as an issue. TBH even without the root, it seemed like you'd snag a pedal somewhere, so it's not the best line for sure, but it seemed to be the one that stood out the most when we were riding it blind.

Thanks for checking it out.

mtbr member
    Glad you guys enjoyed the park. The roots you are speaking of are not part of a rideable line. I sent up one of our trail crew to check it out as soon as you mentioned it. I also rode all three lines all day and did not have an issue with any of them. For the easier bailout line the trail is designed to be ridden low and to the right. A faster rider would land on you if I opened the line up that you guys were trying to ride. Try riding the high left line next time, it's the easiest out of the three options. If you are still struggling with this section we cut an easier bailout line on the right that feeds into the easiest section of Black Bear.
    People's brains are like water when seeking trail lines- the instinct is to find the path of least resistance. It is on us as riders to over-ride that instinct and seek the path of challenge and us as trail builders to make the path of challenge seem more instinctual.

Lord knows I've struggled with trying to stop trail creep on the small trail system I helped create and maintain. In some places, I just had to give up.

I know you know all this Brad, just putting it here for the public.

mtbr member
    Ah, understood. We rode the other lines later in the day, but it seemed like enough people were getting caught on that bit to bring it up as an issue. TBH even without the root, it seemed like you'd snag a pedal somewhere, so it's not the best line for sure, but it seemed to be the one that stood out the most when we were riding it blind.

Thanks for checking it out.
    No problem. Yeah I definitely don't feel that the line is safe to ride regardless if their are roots or not. The roots were brushing that line in so that it wasn't rideable and obvious. The really fast guys are doubling the ledge above it and wouldn't be able to see someone below them. We cut the early exit out of that wooded section back onto the easiest part of Black Bear that connects back to Green Mamba to give people an easier option. If people are struggling with the high, middle, or low right line at the end of Lower Copperhead then they definitely need to take the early exit. Like Mike said, it's up to the rider to choose a line within their skill set and stay on trail.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    No problem. Yeah I definitely don't feel that the line is safe to ride regardless if their are roots or not. The roots were brushing that line in so that it wasn't rideable and obvious. The really fast guys are doubling the ledge above it and wouldn't be able to see someone below them. We cut the early exit out of that wooded section back onto the easiest part of Black Bear that connects back to Green Mamba to give people an easier option. If people are struggling with the high, middle, or low right line at the end of Lower Copperhead then they definitely need to take the early exit. Like Mike said, it's up to the rider to choose a line within their skill set and stay on trail.
    I think part of the issue for us was how wet it was. When we rode down it the first time, the upper left line didn't really seem obvious to us, TBH it almost seemed like a berm that wanted to shoot you down towards the right side, where my crooked photo is. It wasn't until we stopped and looked at it the second time that we realized that was a line you could ride up and over that rock on the left to shoot down.

As the day went on, it became more obvious as people rode it, I think the rain must have washed away the evidence of it being a line. Same with the early exit on the right. I didn't realize it was an option until the end of the day, when I rode off that little root before it gets rocky right into a pile of mud and almost ate shit (I caught the edge of the bank on the left, oops), then I saw it as my life flashed before my eyes. I think that was a good addition for people that want to avoid the next section, if I were there with my wife, that's definitely the direction I'd send her. It just wasn't super clear, possibly due to the conditions that day and it being a slightly awkward right hand turn right where a mud pit formed as the day went on.

So to Mike's point, the first run of the day down there, the most intuitive line for us was down that little rut to the left of the rock. As the day went on, it became more obvious that there were other options, both well before it (early line to the right) and right there (Up and over the left side).

In any case, all minor, I think the trails we rode this time flowed better and rode better than any of the other 3 years I've been coming up there. I don't mean to complain, I just didn't want anyone else to get snagged there, but I can see why you don't want people riding that line.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    I'm heading to Beech for the first time next weekend! Anything I need to know?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly Lee View Post
    You will have a great time! Like any bike park check our trail map and ask questions. That's what we are here for! Don't forget to check out live music at our Skybar on Saturday. If you have the legs for it our neighboring xc/enduro trail network Emerald Outback is awesome as well.

We just added an interactive trail map to the website if you want to familiarize yourself with our trails. Each trail has a thumbnail with a corresponding video. If you scroll down you will also see a trail report that is updated every morning at 7am:https://www.beechmountainresort.com/summer/trail-map/

Coffee Drinker
    I ran into Missy Giovie there. Beech Mtn Bike Park Opening-missy-giove.jpg

mtbr member
    I ran into Missy Giovie there.
    Yep, she's on site with All Out Trail Designs building our new progressive jump trail.

since 4/10/2009
    We just added an interactive trail map to the website if you want to familiarize yourself with our trails. Each trail has a thumbnail with a corresponding video. If you scroll down you will also see a trail report that is updated every morning at 7am:https://www.beechmountainresort.com/summer/trail-map/
    Pretty cool. That said, I can't watch the video for the Upper Black Bear marker. There are other markers in the way when I try to move my mouse from the Upper Black Bear marker to the video, and the vids for those other markers pop up instead. Everything else works great, and looks great.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    Pretty cool. That said, I can't watch the video for the Upper Black Bear marker. There are other markers in the way when I try to move my mouse from the Upper Black Bear marker to the video, and the vids for those other markers pop up instead. Everything else works great, and looks great.
    Weird, works for me but I'll let Talia know thanks.

since 4/10/2009
    Weird, works for me but I'll let Talia know thanks.
    If it matters, I am on Win10 with Chrome browser.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    If it matters, I am on Win10 with Chrome browser.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Cool, probably an error in the coding. I let our marketing director and admin guy know. Thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    The beer at the brewery at the bottom is great, people are super friendly, trails are flowing great this year, and pizza at that place on top of the mountain is expensive as shit but sooo good after spending all day at the park.

Have fun!

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    You will have a great time! Like any bike park check our trail map and ask questions. That's what we are here for! Don't forget to check out live music at our Skybar on Saturday. If you have the legs for it our neighboring xc/enduro trail network Emerald Outback is awesome as well.

Thanks for the info Brad. Looks like a chance of thunderstorms this weekend. Do you guys close the trails if you get rain?

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info Brad. Looks like a chance of thunderstorms this weekend. Do you guys close the trails if you get rain?
    Hell no! That's like mana from heaven! If we get a gnarly T storm with strikes within proximity we place a 30 min hold on lift access. In all seriousness we engineered our trails to handle rain.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Hell no! That's like mana from heaven! If we get a gnarly T storm with strikes within proximity we place a 30 min hold on lift access. In all seriousness we engineered our trails to handle rain.
    So glad to hear that!! I hate trails that close after a little rain. See you this Saturday hopefully!

mtbr member
    Happy 4th from all of us at Beech Mtn Bike Park!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzfw-YIF..._web_copy_link

mtbr member
    Here is what we have been up to...Stay tuned for another edit from Meatcampmediahouse!https://www.instagram.com/p/BzgZJeSH...hoPQJl2xApVk0/

mtbr member
    Do you guys think Canebrake will be open next weekend the 27th? Planning on heading back up and hoping its open looks like what Beech was missing a little more jumps!

Brad, im guessing you do work for Sugar as well judging by your username. I went there last weekend and wow I was very impressed, Everything was so much fun and the new blue trails are very natural and "trail like" for a bike park. Maybe throw a couple shovels of dirt on that hole at the base of the rock roll though it claimed 3 peoples rear tires from snake bites that day haha. We found the transition eventually though.

The only complaint I had was with the stupid foam pads they made us put down on the lift seats, I understand they are new seats and all but especially on a sunny day they just seemed more dangerous than anything trying to situate them on the chair before jumping on. The lifts were great and the fastest ive rode by far.

Great work!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin-nc View Post
    Do you guys think Canebrake will be open next weekend the 27th? Planning on heading back up and hoping its open looks like what Beech was missing a little more jumps!

Brad, im guessing you do work for Sugar as well judging by your username. I went there last weekend and wow I was very impressed, Everything was so much fun and the new blue trails are very natural and "trail like" for a bike park. Maybe throw a couple shovels of dirt on that hole at the base of the rock roll though it claimed 3 peoples rear tires from snake bites that day haha. We found the transition eventually though.

The only complaint I had was with the stupid foam pads they made us put down on the lift seats, I understand they are new seats and all but especially on a sunny day they just seemed more dangerous than anything trying to situate them on the chair before jumping on. The lifts were great and the fastest ive rode by far.

Great work!!
    If all goes well Canebrake should be open. We are pretty much done as it is now, we just need to pack a few sections. I already have everything signed and mapped. You can always keep an eye on our social media and check our trail report on our website for up to date trail status.

I first started working at Sugar in the late 90's when I was in high school. I obviously advocate for both mtns since having bike parks out my back door has been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember. I still work there in the winter a couple nights a week. I am so busy at Beech and traveling as a team mechanic that I haven't been over there this season. I manage the bike park, ski patrol, insurance, and the bike shop at Beech so I don't get off the mtn much. Any issues or concerns you have with Sugar's trails can be brought to PJ Noto's, Andrew Jochl's or Erich Schmidinger's attention. You can message them on social media.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Brad, what ever happened to that big race weekend they had in the 90s on Sugar? Showdown at Sugar I think it was?

I visited as a teenager and used to have a tshirt, I think from 1996. Iíve always wondered what ever came of it.

mtbr member
    Brad, what ever happened to that big race weekend they had in the 90s on Sugar? Showdown at Sugar I think it was?

I visited as a teenager and used to have a tshirt, I think from 1996. Iíve always wondered what ever came of it.
    The last one was held in 2006/2007 (can't remember exactly). Pretty sure Cole Bangert won. The GM and the higher ups at NORBA didn't get along among some other things. Shortly thereafter NORBA dissolved. It was right around the time of the recession so the industry took a downturn. It didn't stop me from digging though. I had some good times on the old gray chair lift. 25 minute lift ride lol, zero complaints or regrets.

mtbr member
    Chamberlin's Gap is so smooth! Nothing like jumping over pedestrians on summer rd lol.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0HUJ8EFX4D/

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    The last one was held in 2006/2007 (can't remember exactly). Pretty sure Cole Bangert won. The GM and the higher ups at NORBA didn't get along among some other things. Shortly thereafter NORBA dissolved. It was right around the time of the recession so the industry took a downturn. It didn't stop me from digging though. I had some good times on the old gray chair lift. 25 minute lift ride lol, zero complaints or regrets.
    Thanks for the info, I've always wondered about it. I hope that old tshirt reappears one day.

Beech had some sort of event, too, didn't it? I remember watching it back in the day, also.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info, I've always wondered about it. I hope that old tshirt reappears one day.

Beech had some sort of event, too, didn't it? I remember watching it back in the day, also.
    Yeah back in the 90's on the old DH track. They had the Hill Climb rally car race on the same weekend. Good times.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Yeah back in the 90's on the old DH track. They had the Hill Climb rally car race on the same weekend. Good times.
    Oh man, I somehow missed the rally car event, that sounds awesome.

Are any of the existing trails the same from those days or is everything new? When I'm on the lift, I try to spot what may be remnants of old trails or lines, but haven't been able to ID much.

mtbr member

Are any of the existing trails the same from those days or is everything new? When I'm on the lift, I try to spot what may be remnants of old trails or lines, but haven't been able to ID much.
    There are, but you would have to know where to look, and look hard. Most of what was there in the late 90s is forested or changed from new trails being constructed.

mtbr member

Yeah my brother used to take me every year. It was a super short race but when you are a 10 year old kid it seemed pretty awesome. I also remember the DHers being shuttled up Skiloft in the back of a flat bed truck. Like Mike said, you would have to know where to look to find what's left of the really old 90s track. The first time I saw the riders hit the old rock garden I was hooked.

mtbr member

Oh snap look what the Google machine found!https://youtu.be/uDwtmqhyx4g

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Oh snap look what the Google machine found!https://youtu.be/uDwtmqhyx4g
    Oh man, I'll have to send that to my wife, I get accused of driving like that up and down the mountain every time we go!

Thanks for the history lesson. I used to visit the area a lot as a teenager and remember some of the events, I even remember walking into Magic Cycles as a kid and oogling the bikes. I can still smell the store with that 90's era bike shop smell. Every time I visit, I wonder what has changed since then, so it's good to hear a little of it.

mtbr member

Yep, I did that DH race the day of the rally race and it was indeed awesome. That was back in the old days, when they would have a slalom race setup in the snowboard halfpipe area. Nothing but flags put out and grass turns. Always in the early morning covered with dew. A lot of rubbing is racing back then. 🤘
    SEI Racing

mtbr member
    Exciting news! Our new trails open tomorrow! A TON of work went into these! Make sure you follow our social media for more content!https://www.instagram.com/p/B0Udgnjl...=1bm2be4n5qiki

mtbr member
    Exciting news! Our new trails open tomorrow! A TON of work went into these! Make sure you follow our social media for more content!https://www.instagram.com/p/B0Udgnjl...=1bm2be4n5qiki
    Awesome! Cant wait to check em out tommorow

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Whistle-Pig is a blast!https://youtu.be/L3JZUBTI4MA

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Chamberlin's Gap is so smooth! Nothing like jumping over pedestrians on summer rd lol.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0HUJ8EFX4D/
    From a backcountry XC/AM guy, that's really impressive riding. What bike/travel spec do you ride for that trail? What is it rated?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jamatt View Post
    From a backcountry XC/AM guy, that's really impressive riding. What bike/travel spec do you ride for that trail? What is it rated?
    Thanks jamatt. Honestly (and I'm not trying to be humble) I am slow compared to the Junior X and Pros. World Cup pros are unbelievably fast! My DH bike is a 2017 Specialized Sworks demo 8. I have worked in the bike industry for a decade now and have had the honor of working with engineers and techs that have forgotten way more than they taught me lol. I spent several years working as a suspension tech at Motion Makers and Cane Creek. My rear shock is a Cane Creek CS coil 6 way and my fork is a 2016 Rock Shox Boxxer chassis. I run a custom compression and rebound shim stack as well as 2.5 wt Redline oil (it handles cavitation and does not foam). Chamberlin's Gap is "Experts Only". That being said, we ride it all the time on our trail bikes (150 mm travel).

mtbr member
    Canebrake is bedding in nicely! This trail is our progressive jump trail. A little tune up and we will be ready for next weekend!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvK_NskmoBY

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Canebrake is bedding in nicely! This trail is our progressive jump trail. A little tune up and we will be ready for next weekend!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvK_NskmoBY
    First time visitor. What is the dirt like there? Dusty? Dry? Muddy? Loose over hard? Tryna figure out if I should throw on my judge or leave the trail boss on.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pharmkid85 View Post
    First time visitor. What is the dirt like there? Dusty? Dry? Muddy? Loose over hard? Tryna figure out if I should throw on my judge or leave the trail boss on.
    I'd put the Judge on, it tends to rain in the afternoon and get mucky as people ride on the trails. The braking traction over the Trail Boss would be nice, too.

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    I'm racing the Enduro this month, what trails can I expect to ride? Ive Never been to beech but I'm stoked to go.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pharmkid85 View Post
    Loose over hardpack for the most part. Something like a DHF is ideal. Most of us run a tire insert in the rear tire on our trail bikes for park riding. If you really want to slap corners I would run them in the front as well.
    Last edited by Sugar_Brad; 1 Week Ago at 12:55 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sender420shred View Post
    I'm racing the Enduro this month, what trails can I expect to ride? Ive Never been to beech but I'm stoked to go.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    We will release the stages closer to the event so it's fair for everyone.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Coming from out of town in mid-September to check Beech out. Where is the best place to rent bikes? More interested in an enduro-esque bike rather than a true downhill. Need a L and XL size. I've seen Magic is close by. Is that the way to go?

Coffee Drinker
    Quote Originally Posted by dwestecu12 View Post
    Coming from out of town in mid-September to check Beech out. Where is the best place to rent bikes? More interested in an enduro-esque bike rather than a true downhill. Need a L and XL size. I've seen Magic is close by. Is that the way to go?
    This summer there were downhill and enduro bikes for rent at the resort. Also pads and helmets were available, all through Magic Cycles. Hope you get to meet Sugar_Brad while you're there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwestecu12 View Post
    All of our info including operational hours and rentals can be found on our website. You can reserve bikes, lessons, lift tickets etc. That being said, mid September we will be open Friday-Sunday. We have a fleet of Rossignol Enduro and DH bikes. We manage everything in house and are not affiliated with Magic Cycles. If we don't have what you are looking for I recommend Head Quarters Bike and Outdoor in Banner Elk or Boone Bike in Boone.

mtbr member
    This summer there were downhill and enduro bikes for rent at the resort. Also pads and helmets were available, all through Magic Cycles. Hope you get to meet Sugar_Brad while you're there.
    Glad you made it up and hope you enjoyed. We actually manage our shop in house and are not affiliated with Magic Cycles.