Ashville area where to stay to ride???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Ashville area where to stay to ride???

Hey everyone...
    my wife and I are going to a wedding in the Badin lake area, and true to form, our bikes are coming with us!

We plan on ditching the family almost immediately after the wedding then finding some riding in the Ashville area.

What we are looking for is a cabin or other place to stay that would be close to the trail heads. Also whats the best area to stay in.

Our trip wont be until October but we are trying to get things figured out as early as we can here.

Btw both the wife and I can hold our own on the trails, so some good places to ride would be helpful also.

thanks

One Cog Short
    If you don't plan on doing too much in Asheville, I would stay in Brevard and just use VRBO to find a place. There is one near Dupont State Forest that has tons of great riding...and it is first on the hit list when doing a search for Brevard on VRBO.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    thanks! looking into it.

Robtre
    Um Badin Lake is Uwharrie and there are great trails there as well. I mean its no Pisgah, but come a day or two early and ride there too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Wife won't ride before the wedding, worried about cuts and bruises for pictures lol. But maybe we will stay in that area for a bit then head towards Asheville

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Robtre. I'm I'm uwharrie now! I need a trail to ride for tomorrow. I'm up off of 49.

Rogue Exterminator

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Asheville area has been awesome. Pisgah Mountain Bike Adventures gave us a great ride at Pisgah and some great recommendations for Bent Creek. We need about 4 more days to ride down here but sadly we have to make our way back home today. We are allready planning our trip back for next year.

Members who have read this thread: 0