asheville visit september 2-5- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

asheville visit september 2-5

Coming to visit Asheville Sep 2 5. Hoping to get some recommendations where to stay and people to ride with for some awesome mountain biking.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    mtbikewnc.com is a good resource to look at.

mtbr member
    Looks like my wife and I will be doing the same thing. Where can I find info on group rides? Thanks
    It's not the falling that hurts, it is the sudden stop at the bottom!

pronounced may-duh
    There are 2 group rides you could get in on

Saturday 9:00AM corn mill shoals in DuPont. For a 30+ mile DuPont epic.
    Sunday 10:00AM at Yellow Gap on FS 1206 in Pisgah for Laurel Mtn, Pilot Rock and then the slate rock inner loop.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info Miada7. Sat. sounds great although, 30+ miles in the mtns is long for me at this time. Would it be possible for me to bail-out maybe 20 miles in? Will there be different groups that ride or is everybody cross-country racers that will sprint up the mtn?

Thanks for your help.
    It's not the falling that hurts, it is the sudden stop at the bottom!

pronounced may-duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Volsfan
    Thanks for the info Miada7. Sat. sounds great although, 30+ miles in the mtns is long for me at this time. Would it be possible for me to bail-out maybe 20 miles in? Will there be different groups that ride or is everybody cross-country racers that will sprint up the mtn?

Thanks for your help.
    This is a very mixed group, some fast, some slow so unless your a total newb you will fit right in.

You can bail when ever you want and take one of the main roads back to the parking lot.

mtbr member
    Well depends on what your budget is? If you want just no frills lodging then any of the area motels will do. There are a few on the Brevard Rd. side close to Bent Creek. If you want nice lodging then you have quite a few B&B's in the area to give personal service!

Depending on what trails you wish to ride but Bent Creek seems to be the main hub in and around Asheville area then outlying areas like DuPont and Turkey Pen and Tsali.

Great eateries as well. Might I suggest one local favorite Apollo Flame or Papas & Beer on Brevard Rd. Great places to eat and if home style cooking is what you want then on Brevard Rd. back near I-40 there is the Moose Cafe!

Good luck and enjoy your riding!

Spoke Breaker!
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnNotice
    Well depends on what your budget is? If you want just no frills lodging then any of the area motels will do. There are a few on the Brevard Rd. side close to Bent Creek. If you want nice lodging then you have quite a few B&B's in the area to give personal service!

Depending on what trails you wish to ride but Bent Creek seems to be the main hub in and around Asheville area then outlying areas like DuPont and Turkey Pen and Tsali.

Great eateries as well. Might I suggest one local favorite Apollo Flame or Papas & Beer on Brevard Rd. Great places to eat and if home style cooking is what you want then on Brevard Rd. back near I-40 there is the Moose Cafe!

Good luck and enjoy your riding!
    +1 Apollo Flame
    +1 Papas & Beer
    +1 Moose Cafe

I might also suggest:

Asheville Pizza Company
    Wanpen Thai Restaurant
    Tupelo Honey
    Brixx Pizza
    Fat-n00b

KHS sixfifty606
    Felt F90