Asheville Pump Track?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Asheville Pump Track?

Heading down to Asheville area for 4 days of riding - going to hit Bent Creek, Dupont, and maybe some stuff in Pisgah - 2 q's

1) hear there is a pump track in Asheville - where? any trails nearby it?

2) any suggestions on where to camp? I know Pisgah is there and big but looking for suggestions

Thanks!

Apr 2007
    What are you looking for in a campsite? You can find some route and camping info here http://www.pisgahareasorba.org/index...d=9&Itemid=106

"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
    There is a pump track in the neighborhood attached to Bent Creek & another in the Kennilworth neighborhood near downtown. I am a HORRIBLE pump track rider and have never ridden the BC track so I won't review them...but we have two.
    "Big Gulps huh?...Allllriggghhht....Welp, See ya later!"

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Are both the pump tracks still in operation? Are they both public use? I hear the Kenilworth one requires the use of a helmet, which is not a big problem. Where is the bent creek one located?
    Thanks

Official Cooler Inspector
    The one in the Bent Creek neighborhood is in a community park. It wouldn't be an adult destination point, but if you have kids, there's a playground, volley ball net and basketball court. Nice place for a family picnic and some biking fun - there's also a sweet short trail through the dry lake bed.
    Now you're cast of steel and cast aside. Broken dreams maybe, but you haven't died

Gabe.....
    The pump track here in the Bent Creek hood is in need of a little "love"........it rolls ok, and if your patient you can get in a flow and do a few laps without pedaling but mostly little kids just go round and round on it. For directions stop by Carolina Fatz......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Roll your own..........." http://smokebikes.com/

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Thanks, what about the one in kenilworth?

Members who have read this thread: 0