Asheville Mtn. Bike Rentals- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2015

Asheville Mtn. Bike Rentals

I'm coming to the Asheville area in a few weeks. Bad news is I can't bring my mtn. bike or my bike carrier. I've looked up bike rentals but even if I rent a buy I don't have a way to transport it to the trails. I would like to try Tsali but haven't found anywhere that I can rent and transport. Am I missing something? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Big Mac
    I'm not sure I follow. Will you have a car? Put a rental in the back. If you want to ride Tsali, why are you coming to Asheville. Much, much better choices, that are closer to Asheville. Are you looking for a bike AND a ride? Not sure what you mean by "transport". Do you want to rent a bike and have it delivered to Tsali? Good luck with that. I think your plan is a little off.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Sorry for the confusion. I'm with the in laws and no way they will let me stick a bike in the back of their car. I guess my question are there places I can rent in Asheville that transport the bike to a local trail.

rsa
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I'm assuming you have transportation, but may not be able to fit a bike in the rental car.

You could ride to bent creek from Carolina fatz, and could ride into Pisgah from the Hub or Sycamore shops. Any of these options would require a couple miles of pavement on each end, but may be possible.

Don't quote me on the distances, but you might consider calling one of these shops.

Tsali is much further from Asheville, and will be more logistically challenging

Big Mac
    Quote Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
    Sorry for the confusion. I'm with the in laws and no way they will let me stick a bike in the back of their car. I guess my question are there places I can rent in Asheville that transport the bike to a local trail.
    Gotcha. Forget Tsali. As stated, Carolina Fatz is easy riding distance to bent creek, as is motion makers. The hub and sycamore cycles is riding distance to Pisgah, but I doubt any of said shops will deliver. Call em and ask. Bent Creek is close to Asheville. Pisgah is 30ish minutes away.