Asheville bike shops/attractions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2018

Asheville bike shops/attractions

Headed to the Asheville area for a couple days to visit friends. If the weather holds out I'm planning to get a ride or two in but I also plan to do some looking around. Are there any must visit bike shops or places need checkout while there?

mtbr member
    You will get various opinions. Motion Makers is the shop. Ask for Tom or Tim. They are really good friends of mine and know the area really well. Give Cane Creek a call and setup a tour of the facility. Call the main line and ask for Colin. You will get different answers for restaurants but my wife and I love Nine Mile. The Haywood Rd location is less crowded, especially before 7pm.

mtbr member
    Its corny and sort of expensive but the Biltmore House is really cool just in the scale and scope of the place. The "Butlers Tour" is cool since you go behind the scene of the house and get some cool info not on the normal tour. If you dont want to spring for the tour the grounds themselves are nice...

Otherwise there are a ton of breweries of course, the AVL Pinball Museum, the WNC Nature Center and tons of great restaurants. Or just wander downtown and people watch while boozing it up...

+1 for calling Cane Creek and getting a tour. Industry Nine is in town as well... Both those guys are awesome and its cool to see how stuff gets made. Especially Cane Creek since they build every shock and fork right here in NC. Plus they're close to Sierra Nevada Brewing which is like Willy Wonka's factory but for Beer... Definitely worth a visit...
    On your left!