Anyone wanna meet up and ride????- Mtbr.com

Jan 2004

Anyone wanna meet up and ride????

I wanna go to pisgah but i really havn't been there too much so i'd liek for someone to go with me that knows the trails pretty well... I've rode all of bent creek and some of dupont but just not much of pisgah... I'd like to ride just about an 11 mile ride or so... If there is someone out there that would like to that would be great... thanks

Heads up Flyboy!!
    I might be doing a night ride at Trace Ridge tomorrow(Friday night) if your interested. Its a good intro to Pisgah, super fast, a few tech spots, and a moderate climb to the top.

Jeremy 828-684-2264

Jan 2004

hey

Quote Originally Posted by mountaingoatepics
    I might be doing a night ride at Trace Ridge tomorrow(Friday night) if your interested. Its a good intro to Pisgah, super fast, a few tech spots, and a moderate climb to the top.

Jeremy 828-684-2264
    I would wanna do that but i don't have any lights and also i'm going to a concert down in Greenville SC with my g/f.... maybe we can get together and ride over the weekened or this coming week.... call my cell if ya wanna make plans 243-9933 TJ

white boy extraordinaire

Goin' riding Sunday, Sunday, Sunday

Doing buckwheat knob/bennet gap sunday. Not exactly an intro ride, but once you've done this, you can do anything Pisgah can slap down on ya'. If you're interested reply back and I'll give you a call.

mtbr member

... and if we just ... Riding @ trace ridge area sat @ 11:00( the 21st)

Meet at the trace ridge parking lot..spencer gap/creek /middle fork/hike-a-bike back up to trace and down to cars.
    A group of 5..ill be in a blue element on an RM7( my xc bike). another dude on a ruckus(hardtail, a heckler guy with an obnoxious black lab).
    We ride for fun and couldnt care less about who is fastest....
    come over and say howdy and join us--it`ll be fun.
    Thad

Heads up Flyboy!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cmweldon
    Doing buckwheat knob/bennet gap sunday. Not exactly an intro ride, but once you've done this, you can do anything Pisgah can slap down on ya'. If you're interested reply back and I'll give you a call.
    What time are you going Sunday. I might be interested.

Jeremy

684-2264

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by thadthetroll
    Meet at the trace ridge parking lot..spencer gap/creek /middle fork/hike-a-bike back up to trace and down to cars.
    A group of 5..ill be in a blue element on an RM7( my xc bike). another dude on a ruckus(hardtail, a heckler guy with an obnoxious black lab).
    We ride for fun and couldnt care less about who is fastest....
    come over and say howdy and join us--it`ll be fun.
    Thad
    Sorry about not getting to go on that ride the concert was pretty rough and all the night before... maybe we can plan another one soon... keep me updated if you will. thanks

white boy extraordinaire

New trips this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by mountaingoatepics
    What time are you going Sunday. I might be interested.

Jeremy

684-2264
    Jeremy,

Sorry for the late reply, got sidetracked. Got quite a few rides this weekend. One is a ~ 13 mile bent creek loop and a 16 Mile fish hatchery loop (Friday). Sat....trace ridge/spencer branch in the morn/ and your laurel mountain/slate rock loop in the afternoon. Sun.. Dupont in the morn and Buckwheat knob/bennet gap in the aft.

I don't normally do this much but there are a six variously skilled riders coming in from VA to sample Pisgah's finest. You're more than welcome to come and show us all how its done, I'll make sure to check my ego in at the door.

Corey 280-1898

Heads up Flyboy!!

Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by cmweldon
    Jeremy,

Sorry for the late reply, got sidetracked. Got quite a few rides this weekend. One is a ~ 13 mile bent creek loop and a 16 Mile fish hatchery loop (Friday). Sat....trace ridge/spencer branch in the morn/ and your laurel mountain/slate rock loop in the afternoon. Sun.. Dupont in the morn and Buckwheat knob/bennet gap in the aft.

I don't normally do this much but there are a six variously skilled riders coming in from VA to sample Pisgah's finest. You're more than welcome to come and show us all how its done, I'll make sure to check my ego in at the door.

Corey 280-1898
    Corey,

Don't worry about it. I went and did a variation of my Heartbreak Ridge ride on Sunday. A little snow at the top on the Old Toll rd. but killer traction on the Ridge itself. When are your buddies planning on coming. I'd be more then willing to show all of you some killer riding. I'm a moderate climber and descent downhiller but. I've got the endurance to go all day. I'm planning a ride tonight if your interested. Call my cell at 242-3056. Leave a message if I don't answer. I'll call right back.

Jeremy

Jul 2004

looking to ride

hello, i'm lou from new york
    will be going to ashville area around july 28th or so
    anyone willing to show me some trails in the area or tell me about them
    can anyone ride during the week?
    been riding a long time & i'm very flexible
    would like techinal, freeride, cross-country or any combo
    10 miles or 40 miles - whatever, doesn't matter
    let me know

mtbr member

Web sites for WNC Trails

There are great trails in the Asheville area. Two of the best web sites with trail information for the area are: www.mtbikewnc.com and http://www.wncmountaingoatepics.com/. The Mountain Goat site has information on Epic rides and the other has a section called best rides with maps and information on most of the good trails in western North Carolina. There are a lot of riders and I'm sure someone will post with an offer to ride with you. The web sites should provide you with enough information to start a wish list of trails to ride.
    Last edited by AppMTB; 07-02-2004 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Mistake on name of web site.
    Watch out for that tree!

Jul 2004

Good job!

thanks for the info
    much appreciated
    i will research those sites
    Lou

Members who have read this thread: 0