Anyone pre riding the Green River Gameslands Enduro course this weekend?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Updated - Anyone riding the Green River Gameslands Enduro this weekend 5/11 or 5/12?

I'm wanting to pre ride the GRG enduro course but don't really want to do it solo and blind first time round as it really seems out in the wilderness so was wondering or hoping that anyone else has plans to pre ride it this weekend.

If so I'd like to tag along if you don't mind. Coming from Charlotte and not having ridden much this season I don't have my mountain legs so my climbing will be slow

If anyone wants to meet up PM me so we can arrange a time to meet and ride.
    Last edited by trail-blazer; 05-09-2019 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Changed title

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Last weekend was a washout so I'm hoping to ride it this weekend.

Forecast shows possibility of some rain but nothing like last week. If anyone is planning on riding at GRG this weekend I'd like to tag alone as I've not ridden there before.

PM me if you're interested.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Wonít be able to make it, but itís not too bad. Itís marked pretty well. There are some sharp turns in steep sections. But the biggest thing to watch out for are the ticks. Iíve encountered more there than anywhere else for some reason.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    ...and watch out if itís been raining. The river crossings are essentially rockhops and balancing across trees unless you're willing to get wet.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Looks like quite a bit of rain tomorrow. The Green River games guys are supposed to be having a workday tomorrow to prep for the race. Check on Facebook for deets.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Thanks for the heads up on the ticks and river crossings.

I'm not on FB but will see if I can see the relevant info without an account.

Bummed it's going to rain this weekend again. May still try get up there otherwise will go drown my sorrows at the Oskar Blues demo day Reeb Ranch.
    https://m.pinkbike.com/news/details-...-carolina.html

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by trail-blazer View Post
    Bummed it's going to rain this weekend again. May still try get up there otherwise will go drown my sorrows at the Oskar Blues demo day Reeb Ranch.
    https://m.pinkbike.com/news/details-...-carolina.html
    I doubt there'll be much riding going on. But there will at least be some music and some beer and probably some shenanigans on bikes. I might go, but the question is whether I want to drive all the way down there for it.

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    I rode out there for the first time last week and navigation was easy. From what I can tell there is really only one good way to ride the place and that's the Enduro course. All of the trails are on MTB project so get the app and go ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Acme54321 View Post
    I rode out there for the first time last week and navigation was easy. From what I can tell there is really only one good way to ride the place and that's the Enduro course. All of the trails are on MTB project so get the app and go ride.
    That is correct. Easy enough to skip stage 1 if you are short on time. You know, the Green River "short loop" which is 9mi with only 2k ft of climbing....lol.

mtbr member
    I did the race and found out that I need more miles under my butt to really enjoy the pace that is required for the time allotment of the first 2 stages. I think those are some proper trails. I will have to get back out there in the fall for sure.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk