Anyone done the Beech Mountain Enduro?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Anyone done the Beech Mountain Enduro?

Thinking of trying it out this year. Never been to Beech Mountain so want to try get out there some time this month to check it out. It would be my first time to a bike park.

Just curious to hear thoughts on the Enduro held there.
    How much of it takes place on the Emerald Outback and how much in the BM bike park?
    My fitness is not great, so was wondering if the liaison stages have long big climbs in them.
    Did they have aide stations at any point? Just wondering how light I can potentially go with water, food, etc.
    I've done the Pisgah Enduro and Fire Mountain Enduro and they had a great vibe, how does BM compare?
    Pole Evolink 140

mtbr member
    We haven't announced stages yet but expect 6-7 stages. Half will take place in Emerald Outback, half in Beech Mtn Bike Park. The faster pros had a total elapsed stage time of just under 13 min. Expect about 3-6 minutes to be added to that between new trails in Emerald and the bike park. There were several aid stations and a helmet drop last year. That is TBD this year. Climbs out of the Emerald Stages were/are easy in my opinion. There will be a time cut off for completion as well as a rider cap for entry.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    No road gap this year or are there plans to put it back up?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adodero View Post
    I will reinstall the road gap when we are finished installing snowmaking infrastructure.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_Brad View Post
    We haven't announced stages yet but expect 6-7 stages. Half will take place in Emerald Outback, half in Beech Mtn Bike Park. The faster pros had a total elapsed stage time of just under 13 min. Expect about 3-6 minutes to be added to that between new trails in Emerald and the bike park. There were several aid stations and a helmet drop last year. That is TBD this year. Climbs out of the Emerald Stages were/are easy in my opinion. There will be a time cut off for completion as well as a rider cap for entry.
    Thanks. Do you know approx when you're likely to announce the stages? As I've never been to the resort, I'm planning on heading up sometime this month but would rather hold off until the stages are announced so I can at least pre ride them while I'm there.
    Pole Evolink 140

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trail-blazer View Post
    Thanks. Do you know approx when you're likely to announce the stages? As I've never been to the resort, I'm planning on heading up sometime this month but would rather hold off until the stages are announced so I can at least pre ride them while I'm there.
    We wait until the week before to announce the stages so it's fair for everyone. That being said, take a long look at Upper Black Bear, Lower Green Mamba, Upper Indigo, Upper Copperhead, Lower Copperhead and Hellbender. On the Emerald side look at Oz Forest Run and West Bowl Connector. Several stages on both sides will not open until race weekend.
    Last edited by Sugar_Brad; 07-14-2019 at 08:14 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adodero View Post

You mean like this one?

Anyone done the Beech Mountain Enduro?-beech-road-gap.jpg
    2019 Yeti SB150
    2017 YT Jeffsy AL Two 29
    2011 Trek Rumblefish 1

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMTBer View Post
    You mean like this one?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beech Road Gap.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	339.2 KB 
ID:	1264485
    Sorry I was in your shot... Chamberlin's Gap will be open to the public starting this Thursday 7/18/19. It will also be a feature in the Beech Mtn Enduro next month.

mtbr member
    Sorry I was in your shot... Chamberlin's Gap will be open to the public starting this Thursday 7/18/19. It will also be a feature in the Beech Mtn Enduro next month.
    No problem Brad :-) I wish I had been a little more to my right so the picture would show your multitasking much better. It takes concentration to hold two phones and record that, and I am sure you were watching them as well. If you hadn't been in the picture, there wouldn't have been anyone riding it to take a picture of.

It was my first time at Beech on a bike, and it was awesome.
    2019 Yeti SB150
    2017 YT Jeffsy AL Two 29
    2011 Trek Rumblefish 1

mtbr member
    No problem Brad :-) I wish I had been a little more to my right so the picture would show your multitasking much better. It takes concentration to hold two phones and record that, and I am sure you were watching them as well. If you hadn't been in the picture, there wouldn't have been anyone riding it to take a picture of.

Is that a grom setting up to go next? Because, if so, that's f-in sweet!

mtbr member

Ha, I'm just a hack when it comes to photos/videos lol but thanks for the compliment. Thanks for supporting the park, glad you enjoyed!

mtbr member
    That's Christopher Grice. I have been working with him as his mechanic for 3 years now. He trains a lot at Beech and Windrock, occasionally Bailey. He's a great kid and has a bright future in cycling. Here is a little teaser of our new trail featuring Chris Grice and Seth Stevens. They are both Specialized ambassadors and do a lot of volunteer work for the Specialized Foundation.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BzvVebJF...d=6pvifryc0u3r

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    We wait until the week before to announce the stages so it's fair for everyone. That being said, take a long look at Upper Black Bear, Lower Green Mamba, Upper Indigo, Upper Copperhead, Lower Copperhead and Hellbender. On the Emerald side look at Oz Forest Run and West Bowl Connector. Several stages on both sides will not open until race weekend.
    Thanks for the heads up. If I can make it up for a pre ride it'll be in the next two weekends.

Will most likely come up with my wife so we're looking into her perhaps being able to do a guided hike and some yoga at the top of the ski lift if the schedules work out.
    Pole Evolink 140

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trail-blazer View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. If I can make it up for a pre ride it'll be in the next two weekends.

Will most likely come up with my wife so we're looking into her perhaps being able to do a guided hike and some yoga at the top of the ski lift if the schedules work out.
    Yoga for sure! Unfortunately we don't offer a guided hike but make sure to check out our new trail Whistle-Pig. It is our designated multi use trail and super easy to navigate.