Anyone camped at Tsali lately?- Mtbr.com

Nov 2005

Anyone camped at Tsali lately?

Headed up for the week next week. Camped there last year the week before the 4th and had problems with some local drunks (though others said they knew of no problems). Cops were called out every night we were there (I didn't call) for various reasons. Cops explained to us that last year two other areas with water access were closed to drinking and all the locals migrated to Tsali. Just wondering if anyone has been there recently.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    i was there for 12 hours of Tsali and experienced the same thing one night. several rowdy campsites and the cops rolled through late on thursday night. had the same experience a year or so ago as well. probably hit or miss on what you experience.

Big Mac
    You must consider the county you are in and it's close proximity to Bryson Sh1tty!

Bix Pender
    Feb 2009
    hey if you want an alternative place you can check out a place I camped at a few years ago. go on past tsali and after the road goes down a bit, you come to the lake and there's some houseboats on your right. A little after that there's a road that I'm almost positive is called Panther town or panther branch, (i can confirm this in a few days if you're interested) go left on this road and go all the way back until it turns to gravel. On the right there's a private campground (at least there used to be) and a little past that there's some spots where you can pitch a tent for free beside a creek.

Sort of a funny story about how I found that place... I had just driven from the Ozarks and arrived at Tsali at 11 at night, only to find all the places along the road occupied and they had just added a sign at the top of the road that said to only camp where you see the triangle tent sign, so after driving down the road and back up I pitched my tent directly under that sign. Knowing I would get in trouble in the morning, I tried to wake up early, but I was just crawling out of the tent when the ranger asked me if I knew that I couldn't camp there. Well, he thought it was funny and told me about that site up the road that I told you about. It's a pretty nice site.

Slightly askew
    ^^ Its Panther Creek. Real nice and quite.
    Zero charisma

The guy with 5 kids
    Try Turkey Creek Campground, just got back from 2 nights there on Sat. You have to hop in the car to get to Tsali(about a 2-3mile car ride or spin) to the trail head but the site is very nice with great bathrooms/showers along with power and water. Cost is $9.00 a head per night and $3.00 a vehicle. You can drink but they do have quiet hours from 10pm to 7am. I will be staying there again for sure. Google it, the guy who runs the place name is Mike.

Members who have read this thread: 0