Any snow in Brevard / Dupont / Pisgah?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Any snow in Brevard / Dupont / Pisgah?

Heading up Friday for the weekend. Doesn't look like any snow in that area from the weather maps but wanted to check with the locals. Thanks!

Rogue Exterminator
    There was some snow in North Asheville last night.
    Wouldn't be surprised if parts of Pisgah saw it.

None that I know of in Brevard or Dupont but with this weather we are having, I would not be surprised if it happens by Friday.

Either way, I don't know if anyone has told you, but you can ride a bike in snow.

A lot can change in a couple days up here especially this time of year.
    So if you are looking for a picture perfect trip, this isn't the right time of year.
    But if you could care less what the weather throws at you because you are a man who loves mountain biking and are willing to take on new challenges then we will see you here.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Either way, I don't know if anyone has told you, but you can ride a bike in snow.
    Haha, yeah I know. One guy in our party was *****ing about potential snow and how it might get all slushy/nasty if it hangs out a couple days this am so I was trying to get confirmation of no snow for arguments sake! It's going to be a great weekend for riding I believe. Nice cool temps and looking like sunshine. That's picture perfect enough for me. Preciate the info.

drunken pirate
    Based on the excellent view from my house there is snow above 3000' all over the Pisgah Range. The Grandfather District also appears to be completely dumped on.

However the forecast is calling for sun on Thursday and Friday. Almost all of the trails in the PRD are on South and East slopes so most of that snow will be long gone by this weekend. Above 5000' and North slopes will likely still have a few inches, otherwise this shouldn't be too much different than if it rained. I'd skip the Grandfather District myself as it could be surprising up there.

Downed trees and limbs are likely so please help out and play pick up sticks!
    More Trails, Not Less

Adventures in Pisgah

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Rode Bent Creek yesterday afternoon and no snow/rain and the trails were perfect. It is not Brevard or Dupont, but it is dry riding.

ohhman
    Pisgah/Dupont are good. 10/31

Rogue Exterminator
    Although it could change quickly, it should be a nice weekend.

Unfortunately I will be out of town.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez View Post
    Rode Bent Creek yesterday afternoon and no snow/rain and the trails were perfect. It is not Brevard or Dupont, but it is dry riding.
    I rode Bent Creek today, trails beautiful except huge chestnut oak down across Hickory

Rogue Exterminator
    I was there Wed and ran across lots of obstructions from the winds of the previous days.

I would imagine most of them will be gone by this weekend.

Members who have read this thread: 0