Advice on Riding near Hickory- Mtbr.com
    Praise Bob

Advice on Riding near Hickory

My family is making a whirlwind tour through NC next week and I wanted to get some trail advice. First of all, thank you all who responded to my request for western NC riding. We are all set on that and am very excited to hit Pisgah and DuPont.

There is only 1 really outdated trail review for Hickory so I was wondering if there were any locals that know if the trail is still open/maintained or worth it. Any advice would greatly be appreciated! http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-st...9_4567crx.aspx

Also, what is up with Catawba MTB Park? It is listed as Hickory, Map shows Charlotte and the link in the review leads to a park in Morganton. WTF? http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-st...9_4567crx.aspx

mtbr member
    That trail is near Charlotte. It is now part of the National Whitewater Center. Nice place to ride if you are in the area. About 10 miles of trail with some options. $5 to park. You can also go rafting on a man-made river. Google national whitewater center for the full poop.

mtbr member
    Your first link will take you to a trail system that is still active. The North Shore stuff has disapeared, but you have about 6 miles of trails now. Technical, tight and rooty is how I would describe it. It's worth it if you're close by looking to get a quick ride in, but I wouldn't drive hours for it; many more opportunities around for that.
    "Early bird gets the worm", but the second mouse gets the cheese...

Members who have read this thread: 0