6 hour endurance races this fall?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007

6 hour endurance races this fall?

Looking for a fall 6 hour endurance race this fall that is local to semi-local to Raleigh area. Saw last years "Cry me a river" race out of the little river and was wondering if another was being planned or if anyone knew of any autumn races in NC. My wife and I are looking to join up this year, it would be her first endurance race.

mtbr member
    Check out the Angry Monkey MTB 6 hour race being held at NE park in Gibsonville NC.
    Greensboro Fat tire has it posted on their site and it is scheduled for middle Sept. Probably an hour drive from Raleigh. Fun trails. Should make a great race venue.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Snototter
    Check out the Angry Monkey MTB 6 hour race being held at NE park in Gibsonville NC.
    Greensboro Fat tire has it posted on their site and it is scheduled for middle Sept. Probably an hour drive from Raleigh. Fun trails. Should make a great race venue.

That sounds like a good option, thanks much.

consistent default champ

Tree Shaker

http://www.charlottemtnbike.com/12Hour/shaker_home.htm
    It is in Charlotte and the course isn't brutal for your first endurance race as long as you don't mind bridges and some roots.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    From what I have heard TORC will be putting at least 2 endurance races in the triangle area this fall/winter. 6BC @ Briar Chapel and Curse at the Crab @ crabtree both in the triangle area. No dates yet as far as I know. Not sure on Cry Me a River, although I hope they run that one too. These are great low key local races, good way to start endurance racing. You can keep an eye out on www.trianglemtb.com and they will post up a schedule later in the summer after the XC stuff winds down.

mtbr member
    trianglemtb.com for updates but they are running two of the 6 hour races in the fall... I believe the curse at the crab (a good one to start with) has been moved back to the spring in place of 6BC in the fall (it was run this year in March). So I think little river and brier chapel are the two fall ones for this year.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Yes, we (TORC) will be putting on a 6 hour endurance series again over Fall 2010 / Winter 2011. 6 BC (Briar Chapel), Crabtree, and at least one other event. I'll post them up to trianglemtb.com once we get things nailed down - probably mid to late summer.

In the meantime we'll have a 3-race XC series this summer in the Raleigh area. Here are the locations and dates - http://trianglemtb.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=20202.0

Hope you can come out and join us for the local Triangle race scene.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave
    Yes, we (TORC) will be putting on a 6 hour endurance series again over Fall 2010 / Winter 2011. 6 BC (Briar Chapel), Crabtree, and at least one other event. I'll post them up to trianglemtb.com once we get things nailed down - probably mid to late summer.

In the meantime we'll have a 3-race XC series this summer in the Raleigh area. Here are the locations and dates - http://trianglemtb.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=20202.0

Hope you can come out and join us for the local Triangle race scene.
    Thanks, will keep checking trianglemtb--and hope to make a race or two this summer as well.

Members who have read this thread: 0