Oct 2007

4th Annual 6 Hour Grind on the Greenway

4th Annual
    6 Hour Grind on the Greenway Mountain Bike Challenge
    Saturday, April 23, 2011
    Anne Springs Close Greenway
    Ft Mill, SC
    www.charlottemtnbike.com

Great racing....neutral support...fun trails....lots of food...and YES...cold beer!

Don't let the name fool you. The 6 Hour Grind on the "Greenway" is a 6 hour singletrack
    mountain bike race, with 805 ft of elevation per lap, that will challenge participants both physically and mentally.

When?
    Saturday, April 23, 2010 from 11AM to 5PM.
    Early online event registration through April 22
    Day of registration: 8:30AM to 10:30AM

Where?
    The event will be held at Anne Springs Close Greenway mountain bike trails. The start/finish location will be at the Field Trial Barn. The course distance will be roughly 9 miles of awesome singletrack with a elevation gain of 805 ft at the 2300 acre park.
    Course Map and Elevation are available on the website.

Who?
    Open to all, with 8 solo and 3 duo categories!

REGISTRATION IS OPEN - Register early and save $$$
    Early Bird Special online registration will be open until March 1.
    Standard online registration will be available March 1 - April 22
    Day of registration will be available from 8:30AM to 10:30AM on race day.
    Race registration forms are also available at Queen City Bicycles and TrySports Charlotte.

Event t-shirts ONLY guaranteed to those who pre-register.

POST EVENT
    After the event, enjoy great food and Olde Mecklenburg Brewery beer with your race friends, family and race competitors. Plans are to fire up the grill and break out the brews at 3:30PM. Awards ceremony to be held at 5:30PM.

For online registration, visit
    http://www.charlottemtnbike.com/Grin...gistration.htm

Camping is available Anne Springs Close Greenway but not at the race staging area.

For more info, visit www.charlottemtnbike.com

mtbr member
    I have to ask (since I'm still trying to wiggle into the 6WC race). Are there a preset number of spots?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    We have enough space for roughly 350 individuals or teams. We are not really planning on capping the event unless we run out of space for pit areas.

mtbr member
    Badass... I'll be registering shortly... just curious. Can't wait. This was a great race last year... cept for that stupid climb in the grass right at the end of the lap... but I guess that's more my problem than the races problem.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Felt Bicycle Demo Trailer at the 2011 Grind on the Greenway

Felt Bicycles and Try Sports are pleased to announce that they will be supporting the 2011 Grind On The Greenway with their "demo trailer". Come demo a Felt Mountain, Road or Triathlon bike on the pristine trails and back roads of Fort Mill, SC. If you want a sneak peak of the exciting new Felt bikes or are looking for an excuse to leave work early, the trailer will be at Try Sports (Rea Road) location on Friday afternoon; April 22, 2011. The following bikes are slated for the demo. Felt F2, Z2, AR1 for the men. ZW4 road bikes for the ladies. For those who love dirt Felt will feature the Carbon Nine hardtail 29er and the hot new cross country 26" race bike the Edict. Also there will be some selected triathlon bikes in size 54 and 56 only for demo.

We look forward to seeing you rippin up the singletrack at the Grind on the Greenway April 23.

cowbellchallenge
    Mar 2007
    i didn't post this...
    Last edited by cowbellchallenge; 03-24-2011 at 11:16 PM.

spec4life???..smh...
    Quote Originally Posted by cowbellchallenge
    Mr. Boyd, What is like being the only mtn bike race promoter in Charlotte now? http://cowbellchallenge.wordpress.com/

Seriously cowbell???? Im not exactly sure what happened (i did read your blog but didnt feel either side was right or wrong) but this isnt the place to come and attack Mr. Boyd everytime he makes a post. Personal Vendetta or not boyd puts on some good bike races so keep your attacks on your blog...

mtbr member
    What are the 8 solo categories? I would like to see a Masters/Clydesdale/singlespeed category if possible.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4000psi
    What are the 8 solo categories? I would like to see a Masters/Clydesdale/singlespeed category if possible.

That's too broad. How about a category for 50 year old guys over 200 pounds riding a Santa Cruz? I might make the top 10.
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    The 8 solo categories are as follows
    Male Open
    Female Open
    Novice Female
    Single Speed
    Male 19 - 29
    Male 30 - 39
    Male 40 - 49
    Male 50+

Duo Categories:
    Male
    Female
    Coed

We are always open to adding categories when other categories fill up but the categories above have provided fun and competitive racing among our event participants. Participation has been pretty evenly spread among the categories. Hopefully we have better weather than today! I thing some areas north of Charlotte received a little snow this morning.

Thanks
    Neal

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Free beer? Should we bring our liter beer steins?

consistent default champ
    I am debating between a family get together and the race. Do I want to watch my daughter hunt Easter Eggs with her cousins or go play in the dirt...

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Is the Easter egg hunt on Saturday? What ever happened to tradition? I thought the egg hunts were done after church. Ours were always more church and family related.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Hey gang.....a little change of plans for food after the event. In the past, we have cooked spaghetti after the race. This year, we are breaking out the grill and cooking burgers and hot dogs, plus having beans, green beans, corn, pasta and chips. After riding around Warrior Creek for several hours smelling the grill, I wanted to make the change, so burgers and dogs it is. Grillin will be great with a good Ole Meck Brewery frosty beverage after 6 hours of riding.

Keep your fingers crossed for great weather.

Neal

consistent default champ
    Quote Originally Posted by vasco
    Is the Easter egg hunt on Saturday? What ever happened to tradition? I thought the egg hunts were done after church. Ours were always more church and family related.
    It is completely a family thing. Everyone has church the next day and we'll have a nice Easter lunch but no egg hunts, etc.

As long as the weather is decent I am in. I'm sure the pictures my husband takes will be just like being there

mtbr member
    Is registration still open? I'm slack, I know.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4000psi
    Is registration still open? I'm slack, I know.

http://www.charlottemtnbike.com/Grin...gistration.htm

Yes... slack.
    BS'ing less, riding more.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Online registration will be open until Friday.

mtbr member
    pics? awesome race.

mtbr member
    Great race! I discovered that I really wasn't in shape to ride hard for 6 hours quite yet. 4 laps did me in. Those little hills get bigger after a few times around. And the beer was quite tasty.
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Photos from the Grind

http://www.cindycooleyphotography.co...216296_KmBPbCK

10% of the pictures sales will be donated to the Humane Society of York County.

Great pics!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0