475 in Pisgah open?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008

475 in Pisgah open?

Anybody know if 475, (maybe 475a) out past the fish hatchery has reopened yet? I know it was closed at the cove creek campground due to a landslide a couple of months ago but hadn't been down there lately to see if it has been reopened. Thanks!

pronounced may-duh
    It was closed on Sunday 4/10/11

mtbr member
    May 2009
    i was just coming out of pisgah (276) on a lunch ride and a truck was hooking to the trailer that has been the "road closed ahead" sign at the entrance to the forest. i stopped to ask if this meant the road was open now and he said, "i guess so" with no more explanation....

i didn't go all the way to 475, anyone been in there today??

earth surfer
    Just there today climbing at Looking Glass. The "road closed" sings are gone.

mtbr member
    I know that the road closed signs are obvious, but can anyone confirm 100% it's open? Anybody acutally been up there?
    Media Manager - Coming Soon
    Press Relations - Team Billy Goat Bikes - Mountain Khakis

mtbr member

open as can be

Rode past the hatchery, parked at Cove Creek and did Cove Creek > 225 connector > 225B > Daniel (CCW) > 475 yesterday. Daniel is riding really nice but you need to get it now if you want to start on the topside as the blackberry bushes are already overtaking the trail - makes for some interesting riding though as you try to slither through the thorns without getting hooked.

Also, they've blocked the bit of 'connector' that goes from Cove Creek trail into the campground @ the outhouse. I suppose they want to keep trail users out of the main camping area.
    many gears, some pies

Members who have read this thread: 0