26 West Mountain Bike Park in NC- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004

26 West Mountain Bike Park in NC

Does this place exist? I've been trying to get info on this place, where to stay, etc. and nothing. I tried calling 828.689.2020 and emailing [email protected] as well as checking their onsite bike shop on this page: http://www.breakawaync.com/links.asp.

"The Rock 'n' Water Adventure Outpost White Water Rafting, Hiking, Fly Fishing and Mountain Biking. Call (828) 689-3349 for details"

This phone number is for some nice old couple, not a bike shop. I tried the URL www.26westmountainbikepark.com and this is simply a dead link.

I have never experienced a destination that didn't want anyone to come there. I live in Atlanta (200 miles away) and can't plan a trip b/c noone is available to answer questions or offer any guidance.

I'm kind've put off by the whole thing. 2 weeks and noone contacts or emails me back. Anyone else get the cold shoulder from 26 West and Break Away Village?

Thanks for any help.....
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Arial"][FONT="Century Gothic"][FONT="Arial"][SIZE="5"]regards,
    allister

pronounced may-duh
    I think they may be out of business. But I'm not 100% certain on that. Rumors!

"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
    Pretty sure it's all done. Too bad. I don't like to see ventures fail, but for me personally it's hard to pay to ride my bike unless it's a race/event. But then again that's not my style of riding anyway.
    "Big Gulps huh?...Allllriggghhht....Welp, See ya later!"

mb3designs

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    thanks all,

looks like they may re-open in June 2010. oh well........
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Arial"][FONT="Century Gothic"][FONT="Arial"][SIZE="5"]regards,
    allister

I HUCK WITH CHUCK
    Closed...Ryan is putting on 3 races at Beech mountain instead.

I

Members who have read this thread: 0