225 to Daniel- Mtbr.com

Thread: 225 to Daniel

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

225 to Daniel

Is the sneak trail obvious? Toying with the idea of doing SWANK, and was going to tool around out there a little this week. Any landmarks/hints?
    Thanks,
    Tim

banned
    Sneak trail?????

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by motobutane
    Sneak trail?????

I'm not sure if it was a joke but I noticed just yesterday there's a pretty legit looking yellow blazed tree half-way up the sneak. I guess it isn't so sneaky anymore....just after the large bridge, up the rocky steps and look left.

FWIW the stage racers did a nice job clearing a briar free path up 225 to the connector. I'm still looking for the bear(s) up there as I've seen fresh scat every time I've ridden Cove Crk / 225 / Daniel this summer. Yesterday it was right at the gate on 225.
    many gears, some pies

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by motobutane
    Sneak trail?????
    I figured since it was on SWANK's site, it was legit. Is that not the case?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by timdvm
    I figured since it was on SWANK's site, it was legit. Is that not the case?
    ah, me and moto were confused

You're talking about the 225 connector at the end of 225 that drops into Daniel Ridge. Yes, it's legal and it's reasonably obvious once you get to the 'end' of 225. After the second bridge on 225 you go uphill a bit, around a right turn and come to a small clearing with an overgrown trail ahead. Look left for the trail heading down to Daniel. It's hidden between several trees. The map isn't quite accurate, it is a hundred yards or so between 225 and Daniel. When you hit Daniel you go left to follow the SWANK route. The stage race came up from Farlow and then down 225 so you will see some markings to your right when you hit Daniel.
    many gears, some pies

banned
    AHHH yeah that trail, the "Road" kinda deadends there and you turn left....I did hit my head Sunday.The Stage racers probably beat back some of the brairs too!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    That's the trail I meant. I know where it comes into Daniel, but never been out that far on 225. From the map it looks like they should be on top of one another, but figured otherwise. Thanks!

Members who have read this thread: 0