10th Annual BURN 24 Hour Challenge- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

10th Annual BURN 24 Hour Challenge

The BMCC is on pace to book out the 10th Annual BURN 24 Hour Challenge presented by Bikerumor.com. To encourage you to get off the fence and sign up, use promo code "Bikerumor.com" at Bikereg to save 10% on the current registration rates. There's more! We need more women racers. Ladies, sign up today and you can expect to see rates rolled back to match the previous registration period. No promo code needed, just sign up!

We've updated the race website with new sponsors, camping & hotel info, and a few other goodies. Click on over to check it out.

banned
    I gotta be in the Eric Haggerty is a whiner category!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cruso414
    I gotta be in the Eric Haggerty is a whiner category!
    Yea..... you can come out and whine with me all nite looooong
    "To finish first, you must first finish"

mtbr member
    Just added a solo male 40+ category for you old dudes. There's a cash sponsor for this one. Thanks Water-Keep!

We're filling up fast. Register today.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    is there a red-head category?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Direction

So we're running the course backwards this year?

Gotta work on my new lines!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kclyburn
    So we're running the course backwards this year?

Gotta work on my new lines!
    Dude...don't even start with that

mtbr member
    Gotta a chance to ride Dark Mountain and most of OVT today . Several sections were quite [I]moist[I] especially the lower areas like the snake and second to last descent. HOWEVER, BMC members were working hard as we left to address the sloppy / nasty / slick / muddy / stinky / wet... areas. Thanks folks! Its going to be a GREAT weekend for a little BURN !

The longer the ride - the better the pain

spec4life???..smh...
    rode it Tuesday and its sloppy to say the least..the first long decent and climb back out to the main jeep road are the worst..good luck though guys wish i could've made it..

BTW: does anyone know if the team ergon seminar thing is still going on tomm at brushy mtn cycles...

mtbr member
    Everyone have a good time??

I know I did. A good, hot, sticky, slippery time.

HTFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by 7daysaweek
    Everyone have a good time??

I know I did. A good, hot, sticky, slippery time.
    Great time! Conditions turned out pretty darn good. I was on a SS and was able to clear every lap (thanks Kenda Nevegals) so no complaints at all about slick conditions. I was part of a noncompetitive (just out to have a good time) four person team that turned into a three person team before nightfall

Still, we had a blast, put in some good laps and really enjoyed the atmosphere. This was my first Burn, and it was like a mini Woodstock for mountain bikers. It was cool just walking/riding around between laps seeing people you know and others you recognize from other races. Very well organized and professionally done (except for that first lap taping goof)...loved the constant announcing of riders & their times with music playing...a very good time. Every mountain biker in the region should have this event on their list to attend.
    Last edited by S.O.B.; 05-31-2010 at 03:20 PM.
    I no longer deserve a signature. :skep:

consistent default champ
    The photographers (The Living Pixel) said they loved how everyone was happy, having fun, people cheering the person on that was passing them ~ very positive atmosphere. They also happen to be one of my sponsors =) Anyway, they also do road races where the racers are all about blocking each other and err... I'll just say not as friendly.
    I love the Burn! I did slide and hit the ground a few times on the slick roots but that is all part of the fun. I was on a five person coed team that became a four person team a few weeks ago when one of our guys tore his ACL. We always have hopes of getting around 5th place but we got 9th. When one of the guys came through and they called out his 32:02 lap I was just shocked. That is just stupid fast

mtbr member
    I've registered with the living pixels website to be updated when pics show up but does anyone else know if/when/where other pics might be posted? I'm anxious to get a lot more pictures than what we already took.

consistent default champ
    I haven't seen anything for pictures yet. I know they took over 8000

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 7daysaweek
    I've registered with the living pixels website to be updated when pics show up but does anyone else know if/when/where other pics might be posted? I'm anxious to get a lot more pictures than what we already took.
    post em up

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    They said it would take about a week....I am looking for the nut case ss rider with an alien crawling out his a$$. I still got the bite marks....

mtbr member
    I was about to get on here the other night and ***** about why it was taking so long to get the pics up and then the living pixel posted them... WOW! Has anyone else checked those pics out? They're AWESOME!

consistent default champ
    My husband was going over the drainage ditch that is stacked with rocks at the beginning. He said he was cresting the top and saw a body lying on the ground on the other side. For a second he was thinking "Sh!%! someone is down" but then realized it was actually one of the photographers trying to get a cool angle of people clearing the rocks.

Members who have read this thread: 0