Would like the bike, hate the colour- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2017

Would like the bike, hate the colour

I have been really wanting to get a new bike for about a year now. I was first thinking of going with a Giant, but have come to realize that I cannot afford the bike they I want from them, and the bikes that I can afford, don't have the componants nor the setup that I want.

So I have moved on to look at Norco. I have looked online at the Norco Fluid 2 HT and it has just about everything that I want. But I am now stuck on the colour. It's a god awful yellow (or is that green).

I wish that the ladies bike came in an LX fame size, as the grey colour with orange lettering isn't all that bad. The Fluid 3 fame looks better, but it just doesn't come with the parts I want and it would cost far more to throw away bits and add new just to get a frame colour.

Likewise that Fluid 1 is a beautiful looking frame but I am paying $500 more for parts that exceed my needs and it's money that I just don't have.

I guess that leaves me to either put up with it, or buy the bike, and strip it down to componants so that I can re-paint the frame to a better colour, or keep looking for a different bike.

Any suggestions on what else to look at??

mtbr member
    Repainting a frame will likely void the warranty.

For the same price maybe take a look at the DiamondBack Mason Pro. Better spec, same price (corporate discount and 10% off code).
    Super snowflake = when an avatar offends you so much you have to cry about it and report it to admin. Life must suck for you.

high pivot witchcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by roadkill401 View Post
    I have been really wanting to get a new bike for about a year now. I was first thinking of going with a Giant, but have come to realize that I cannot afford the bike they I want from them, and the bikes that I can afford, don't have the componants nor the setup that I want.

So I have moved on to look at Norco. I have looked online at the Norco Fluid 2 HT and it has just about everything that I want. But I am now stuck on the colour. It's a god awful yellow (or is that green).

I wish that the ladies bike came in an LX fame size, as the grey colour with orange lettering isn't all that bad. The Fluid 3 fame looks better, but it just doesn't come with the parts I want and it would cost far more to throw away bits and add new just to get a frame colour.

Likewise that Fluid 1 is a beautiful looking frame but I am paying $500 more for parts that exceed my needs and it's money that I just don't have.

I guess that leaves me to either put up with it, or buy the bike, and strip it down to componants so that I can re-paint the frame to a better colour, or keep looking for a different bike.

Any suggestions on what else to look at??
    That's not a bad colour at all, in my view. Equivalent to Ibis' Vitamin Pee or whatever they call it. I'd throw down on it no problem, and my bike is a murdered out Range.

Would like the bike, hate the colour-fullsizeoutput_1d.jpg

That bike would pop like hell in photos. Go for it. Embrace it. Do not repaint it. I bet it will look killer in person.