Why did you choose Norco ?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2015

Why did you choose Norco ?

Of all the brands, what made you buy Norco bikes?

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Paint job.

Now with flavor!!
    Suspension performance, geometry, and not being 'specialized grade' carbon. (2014 range)
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I haven't yet purchased a Norco, but in the next 2 weeks I will be purchasing a Norco fat bike - Bigfoot 6.1.
    In the spring I'll also be purchasing a Norco road bike - the Search XR.

My reasons for choosing Norco:
    1. Not as overpriced as other bikes.
    2. For a given price level, Norco generally offers better components on their bikes.
    3. I like the Norco design geometries; eg., the significant downward sloping of the top tube on the fat bikes.
    4. The Norco website is well laid out; I find the various bikes are appropriately classified; easy to find the type of bike you want, and the compare feature is very useful.
    5. As a Canadian, I feel some obligation to support one of the few surviving Canadian bike companies.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Suspension performance, geometry, and not being 'specialized grade' carbon. (2014 range)
    All that, having plus the parts spec I want. Rode several 2013 & 2014 Ranges, have a 2015 Range carbon on order.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    While not a range (i have the carbon Sight)- what kidWoo states! and frankly it was the demo on my trail i know well and had point of reference vs my bike and other demos.

also - the carbon price point for a full build was IMO a game changer in the industry a bit - as fairly specced for less than competition. I bought the lowest price carbon and have upgraded bits important to me.

after a year and nearly 1500 miles of CO riding, bike has withstood everything inc some offs and touches w rocks I was sure would have had me replacing the carbon frame - nope - rock solid as day i got it and even more fun as I know how capable it is.

Captain One Lung Administrator
    I order a Sight a7.1 for the following reasons:

1. It fit my budget
    2. It fit my needs as a do it all bike
    3. Good basic setup upon which I can easily upgrade over time to make it perfect (for me)
    4. The model Gets great reviews from those who know what they are talking about. Since I'm still a noob this is helpful.
    5. Definitely didn't buy it for the paint job. The lower and upper aluminum models look nicer.
    6. I rarely see them on the trails out here due to a lack of local dealers.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I had the most fun on the Sight after a demo. Local dealer support made that happen.

mtbr member
    Just purchased a nos 2013 Shinobi frame because it was cheap, it has the geometry/tech I want and I like bringing some BC flavor to the east coast.

mtbr member
    For me it was innovation, in 2013 when I was looking for a new bike, they seemed to be the first to get the 650B/27.5 tire size right. Even though they licensed the FSR suspension, they tweaked it to make it work better. Also, I like the fact that they design their bikes to literally not be a one size fits all.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    For the same reasons as pretty much all things bike related :
    -Performance : love the horst link suspension
    -Durability : 2009 Shore... overbuilt
    -Build quality : welds are perfect, finish is awesome (head tube was faced, BB reamed)
    -Service : great service from my LBS and Norco directly
    -Warranty : lifetime warranty, what more can you ask ?
    -Price : got a great deal on my NOS Shore frame (in 2012) which fit in my budget

Next frame will probably be another Norco, for the same reasons.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    I'm saving up for an Aurum right now. The reason is the price/component factor. The Aurum is a good buy.

mtbr member
    I think their bikes are solid and reliable and are decently specd for the price. My main issue that kept me from buying one was their dealer system sucks. You cant buy a norco bike from an online dealer and any norco dealer cant ship a bike. Im in Texas and there is not one norco dealer in the whole state. My closest dealer is Albuquerque and they are not allowed to ship a bike by norco. Then there is the issue that norco does not even list a phone number or any contact info on their website. Makes you wonder if you buy locally and then move to another state that does not have a norco dealer the pain that dealing with the warranty might be. Stupid stupid sales strategy as they lost 5k of my hard earned dollars.
    -2016 Santa Cruz Nomad CC
    -2015 Santa Cruz Tallboy 2 CC
    -2016 Transition Smuggler
    -2015 Orbea Avant M20d

My gloves stink
    I was looking at the Search XR on the Evans Cycles (UK) website, and put one in my shopping cart. They tacked on $186 for delivery to the US. I assume this means that they'd sell it and ship it to me if I actually completed the transaction. Norco Search XR 2015 Adventure Road Bike | Evans Cycles
    I dreamed I ate a 10 lb marshmallow. When I awoke, my pillow was gone.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Appendage View Post
    I was looking at the Search XR on the Evans Cycles (UK) website, and put one in my shopping cart. They tacked on $186 for delivery to the US. I assume this means that they'd sell it and ship it to me if I actually completed the transaction. Norco Search XR 2015 Adventure Road Bike | Evans Cycles
    Weirdly if you go into their MTB section they do not list norcos. I called like 10 dealers in the states to see if they would be able to ship me a bike and they said unfortunately they would get punished by norco for doing that. The only way they could sell me a bike was if i picked it up directly from them. I also asked about warranty and they said i would have to ship the bike back to them and they would ship it to norco. Seems like a very stupid system if you ask me.
    -2016 Santa Cruz Nomad CC
    -2015 Santa Cruz Tallboy 2 CC
    -2016 Transition Smuggler
    -2015 Orbea Avant M20d

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Appendage View Post
    I tried, but I got this notice:

"Unfortunately we are unable to deliver one or more of your selected items to your delivery country. Please remove them from your basket to continue."

high pivot witchcraft
    I bought my 2015 Range because I trust north shore companies to deliver a product well suited for the terrain I ride. Plus, Norco appears to be at the head of the pack tech-wise - one of the first out of the chute with 650b, plus 1x, short stem, wide bars, and short chain stays. I wanted a Process really bad but I just couldn't lay the cash on the table for a non-carbon frame (I satisfied my craving by buying my daughter a Process 134 SE). An Altitude would have been good too but I am loyal to my LBS, which does not carry Rocky.

I love the murdered out look of my Range C 7.2, which I rebuilt before it left the shop. The only remaining things that are stock are the frame, fork, shock and dropper post.
    Last edited by mtnbkrmike; 06-18-2015 at 06:57 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    With my Sight getting some new wide rims built onto my I9 hubs (the new ARC 30), and some maintenance - I demoed a low spec alum range from 2014. It was easily as brilliant as my sight - just in a little different way. Had a rode it first, i may have a range in my garage - yet can't say for sure. Not as snappy climbing and putting power to the pedals, but it will take on every technical feature with multiple successive square edges and tractor right up if you have the legs/lungs to do it - on the way down - its a bit more hang on a plow capable than the Sight - what a 1-2 punch for Norco with these 2 bikes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    6 months after purchasing my Bigfoot 6.1 (fat bike), I feel obligated to offer an update and actually counter my own post of Feb 18, 2015 (post #4 above).

The complete details are here:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/norco/2015-no...ch-941749.html
    (Sept 19, 2015, post #19)

But in summary, after my experience with Norco, the following is why I would NOT purchase another Norco (even though I am Canadian and I am favorably partial to Canadian companies):

1. Norco customer service is zero, dragging me on a "roller-coaster" ride for 6 months.
    2. Norco in my case did not honor its 1 year paint warranty.
    3. Norco quality and workmanship proved to be poor, for which Norco did not take responsibility.
    4. Norco documentation of specs on its website is sloppy. Specifically, with regards to my Bigfoot 6.1, 30.9 mm is listed for the seat-tube diameter.
    So when I ordered the Rockshox Reverb 30.9 dropper seat-post, I had to send it back and get a replacement, because the true spec on the Bigfoot 6.1 seat-tube is 31.6 mm.
    The bike shop advised Norco of the incorrect spec listed; to date a correction has not been made.

I want to say I do not enjoy "bashing" any company; but I did offer an earlier opinion why I would choose Norco, and after my experience with the company I could not let my original post stand.
    Last edited by borgey007; 11-03-2015 at 07:49 AM.

mtbr member
    Pretty easy question: Norco Charger 9.2 2015

1.- The bike is really well priced for what it offers, around $1000
    2.- If you compare other brands they offer the same but for $500 more
    3.- The paint job WAS pretty awesome, I don't like the 2016 model though
    4.- Geometry is cool, fits and rides pretty decent
    Visit my Photography WEBSITE
    Like me on FACEBOOK

mtbr member
    Fit right for me, rode better than other bikes I tried out, components were good for the price, LBS is great and the price for my Fluid 7.2 (picking it up Friday morning) was very close to what I was considering in a similarly spec'd mail order bike.

mtbr member
    Made it home with me today!

Why did you choose Norco ?-norco_zps63qhlv56.jpg

Why did you choose Norco ?-20151009_112708_zpsrucllp6a.jpg