Sight w CC DB Inline- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Sight w CC DB Inline

Curious how many of you are running your Inline settings for the Sight?

I've experimented - a lot - with altering the LSR and HSR circuits to get the right balance. Certainly differing trail conditions may alter but here's where Im at. Seems decent overall - but feel it could be better. Curious to see what you like.

Base tune settings. Primary change is to LSR. Instead of 10 clicks from open - I've run anywhere from 6-8 from open.

HSR - run about 2.25 turns vs 2.5

Thanks

mtbr member
    How much do you weigh and what terrain are you riding?

Erik

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    about 165 give or take a couple - geared up (depends on ride length and camelback content)

Mostly riding the front range of Colorado - so decent amounts of dry, rocky, loose, baby heads, tech features... i do search out the more aggressive rides - not much buff single track here...

mtbr member
    Front Range is the perfect test ground for the bike. Apex, White Ranch, Hall Ranch. You don't need a full 160mm but 140mm is perfect. Is much more technical(rock gardens, switchbacks) than the PNW but not as steep and burly.

I noticed you didn't change the LSC, do you use the climb button a lot.

Erik

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    sometimes i use it - sometimes not... also - i was told not to go below 5 clicks on LSC by CC support...

mtbr member
    Kamper what PSI are you running. I'm currently running the base tune.

Erik

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    for all the adjusting I've done - I've trended back towards the recommended settings via CaneCreek. I'm still a bit off, but was going the wrong way for a bit.

Im at/near recommended sag - which puts me right around 145psi

my primary changes to tune settings are a bit less HSC (so i get full travel). Maybe a about 1/4 turn less

LSR - 8 clicks instead of 10

HSR - 1/4 turn less

It puts me real close to set and forget for any trail at this point...

FWIW - i really wish CC had "finger dials" for the settings vs pulling out the little hex wrench..

mtbr member
    I went the other way with the rebound and compression today. Made everything stiffer and slower and just basically tested. I came to this conclusion the bike is way faster and more controlled with slower rebound and set up stiffer. I kept hitting the same lines at Duthie Hill park. Jump line, rock garden and a intermediate trail. What suffers when you do this is small bump compliance but man could you charge section, especially the rock garden. The problem is the smaller bump compliance and slow speed goes to crap on a regular trail.

I returned everything back to recommendd tune before I left and did one more lap. Not really feeling the base tune compared to the stiffer and slower "gravity/charging" tune.

What I didn't mess around with was my sag. I'm running 125-130 psi and weight 150 lbs with gear.

Erik

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    185psi about 195lbs geared up. Running the base tune with zero volume spacers, but went with 2 turns on the HSR. A 1/2 turn faster from the base tune.

mtbr member
    So yesterday I tried something and it completely sucked. I lowered the sag and added lsc. Don't do that. It was horrible. I'm not sure we're I was at SAG but I was at 105 psi. Went back to 122psi which equates to around 16-17mm sag and it was a million times better. This was more of curiosity.

So here is my current set up. I weight about 145-150 geared up.

7 clicks LSC
    8 clicks LSR
    1.5 turns HSC
    2 Turns HSR

This is really good for more XC trail riding. Curious to see how it is when I go to Tiger.

I also feel like I have the Pike set up pretty good for normal trail riding.

Erik

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I'm quite pleased with my DB Inline on the sight. At first I was about to buy a Vip'R, but I was impressed by the way it performed on the demo bike the importer lent me for a month.

At 155 for 5ft 9in the recommended setup was just PERFECT. Right from the beginning I went from 10 to 8.5 on the LSR. It helps since the air sleeves need a break-in period. I'm at 9.5 on the LSR at the moment.

I guess it depends on your trail. They had the BC terrain in mind with they recommended setup. Which is a good thing regarding how much rougher the Alpine terrain is the south of France.

On the climbing side I guess the ASR suspension design is the reason I never used even for once the climb switch.