Sight carbon weight- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2008

Sight carbon weight

Anyone able to comment on the weight of these bikes, say compared to a remedy or trance or similar? I can't see any figures on the weight on any spec sheets

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    My medium 2017 Sight 9.3 with a ti seat, carbon bars, tubeless and nylon pedals weighs 31.5 lbs.
    This is with NX and a Yari. I hear that the wtb wheels are pretty heavy on my bike. But it all feels light and stiff for my 188lbs. Love this bike!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

high pivot witchcraft
    My 2018 large C 9.1 weighs 30ish with carbon wheels, DT 240 hubs, RaceFace Next R carbon crank and bar, and carbon pedals. But it also has Minions and a 36 fork, which add a bit of weight.

The Sight ainít going to be winning over any XC riders, thatís for sure.

I should say that I have the equivalent of a C 9.1 - I built it on the site. I chose the black frame, and C 9.1 components, but then replaced the dropper with a Factory Transfer and Wolftooth remote, the E*13 wheels and tires with We Are One Insiders and Minions, the SRAM crank with the Next R, and a few other minor changes as well (Chromag grips, etc).

Compared to the Stumpjumper I demoed head to head with it, the Sight destroyed it climbing. In comparison, the Sight felt motorized. Same story with pedal strikes and "poppiness".

Sight carbon weight-fullsizeoutput_73.jpg

Sight carbon weight-fullsizeoutput_8b.jpg

mtbr member
    I have a slack titanium hardtail that is built light but tough, and it rides incredible both up and down. But truth be told, it does not climb any better than my Sight C9.1
    The Sight 29 is a straight up incredible bike on almost any trail. I just sold mine today, and I am going to try a Range 29 for next year just to get a little more separation from my hardtail. But yeah, you can't go wrong with the Sight.

Sight carbon weight-47513931042_15c5024578_b.jpg
    SEI Racing

high pivot witchcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy R View Post
    I have a slack titanium hardtail that is built light but tough, and it rides incredible both up and down. But truth be told, it does not climb any better than my Sight C9.1
    The Sight 29 is a straight up incredible bike on almost any trail. I just sold mine today, and I am going to try a Range 29 for next year just to get a little more separation from my hardtail. But yeah, you can't go wrong with the Sight.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	47513931042_15c5024578_b.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	324.4 KB 
ID:	1246065
    Hahaha! I am thinking the same thing - adding either a Range or Firebird to the arsenal. But I ain't getting rid of my Sight. Or my Honzo. Those 3 bikes should cover a lot of terrain.

By the way - I did mine opposite of you. I sold my Range and bought the Sight...

PS - I always loved the look of your Sight. Lucky purchaser.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrmike View Post
    Hahaha! I am thinking the same thing - adding either a Range or Firebird to the arsenal. But I ain't getting rid of my Sight. Or my Honzo. Those 3 bikes should cover a lot of terrain.

By the way - I did mine opposite of you. I sold my Range and bought the Sight...

PS - I always loved the look of your Sight. Lucky purchaser.
    Thanks man. I sold it to a friend who is getting back into the sport, so perfect scenario. I will give my honest thoughts on the Range 29. I am building it with a Fox 36 160 and a Float X2. I want it to be versatile, but still smash when needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SEI Racing

high pivot witchcraft
    Thanks man. I sold it to a friend who is getting back into the sport, so perfect scenario. I will give my honest thoughts on the Range 29. I am building it with a Fox 36 160 and a Float X2. I want it to be versatile, but still smash when needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are you sponsored by Norco? Did you look at other bikes as well?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrmike View Post
    Are you sponsored by Norco? Did you look at other bikes as well?
    Yes, just on the grassroots level. As far as other bikes, I just know what style of bike I like to ride, and I really like the way the Norcoís ride. Before Norco, I had a Carbon Patrol, and I just really like that style of bike. So, I am excited about trying it out for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    SEI Racing

high pivot witchcraft
    Yes, just on the grassroots level. As far as other bikes, I just know what style of bike I like to ride, and I really like the way the Norcoís ride. Before Norco, I had a Carbon Patrol, and I just really like that style of bike. So, I am excited about trying it out for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Very cool. My Range was likely the fastest bike on the downs I will ever own.

So...as I said, before my 2018 Sight, I rode a 2015 Range. I enjoyed both and I am thinking that it might be the natural progression of things to maybe ride a Forbidden Druid next, seeing as all of these bikes are the product of Owen Pembertonís wizardry.

I emailed Forbodden to inquire about driveline resistance with the HSP design. That is my overriding concern.

Regardless, you are going to rock it/rocket on the Range. Trust me. Hopefully the stoke meter is redlining at your end.

mtbr member
    2017 Medium C9 running tubeless and GX Eagle, just a hair over 30lbs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Cheers.
    I'm having trouble now deciding between either a 2018 27.5
    2018 29er
    or a 2019 A1..
    What would you do?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Well I love my 29er Sight. I came from a 27. 5 Release and find the big wheels more fun. The roll over roots and rocks is great and it still feels playful.

mtbr member

Aluminum Weight

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pinche View Post
    Well I love my 29er Sight. I came from a 27. 5 Release and find the big wheels more fun. The roll over roots and rocks is great and it still feels playful.

I have 2019 Sight A1 and it is a fantastic bike. I came off a 2016 Norco Optic C.2 which was also great. The only complaint I have about the 2019 A1 is that it is heavy! I upgrade the dumpster fire NX cassette (and Shimano driver) to GX and XD Driver....it is just under 34 lbs. I have more of an XC background so that much weight is a lot to push around. Plan is to sell it and looking for a Carbon Sight.

I wish Norco would spec the frame weights at the very least.