shoxkwiz on range with x2- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2014

shoxkwiz on range with x2

I am having trouble getting my suspension dialed so I want to try the shockwiz but cant figure out how to mount it with the x2. just seems to be zero clearance....

high pivot witchcraft
    Not sure of the answer to your question but I had the ShockWiz last summer for a week for free. It pulled me down many crazy ass gopher holes on my 2015 Range. In the end, I went back to my tried and true settings. Among other things, all the suggested settings were WAY too soft for the terrain and speed at which I was rockin that Range.

I sold my Range a few weeks ago (I thought you did too - I saw your Evil posts). I bought a top spec Sight that I fiddled with a little. Picking it up from the LBS in 1.5 hours. I am going to borrow 2 ShockWizes from them (I will set them up front and back simultaneously). This is mostly for shits and giggles only - I trust my own judgment 1000x more than the ShockWiz. If you are riding in BC, you will see what I mean very quickly. WAY too soft.

And no - it was not user error. I followed the instructions to a ”T” and read the entire ShockWiz thread. I also sought advice in that thread. If you already know how to set up suspension, fk the ShockWiz. That said, I know of lots of experienced guys who had to resort to using it with the X2 because that shock’s settings are so wide, it can be confusing to find even the rough zone you should be in for each setting, before you start fine tuning. That shock can be worse than a Rubik’s Cube.

Good luck!
    2019 Forbidden Druid
    2018 Kona Honzo ST 30th BDay SE
    2015 Kona Paddy Wagon Fixed Gear

#TravisBickleLegendsNEVERdie

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    trying to sell the range but no luck far so I thought if I could get the shockwiz on it I would try to get my settings worked out. with the x2 there is so little room I cant get it mounted on the range.

high pivot witchcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by kenwood72 View Post
    trying to sell the range but no luck far so I thought if I could get the shockwiz on it I would try to get my settings worked out. with the x2 there is so little room I cant get it mounted on the range.
    Why don't you track down Tim Coleman at NSMB and ask him? He has had 2 Ranges, the latest with an X2. That dude is a hard charging guy and loves his Range. i suspect your issues are not with the Range, but with the X2. Every person I know who bought the X2 was hit with HUGE frustration immediately when trying to set it up. Some gave up completely and moved on to other shocks (11-6, DPX2, etc.). The X2 is an awesome shock but Jeezus - there may just be too much adjustability with it to be able to confidently dial it in.
    2019 Forbidden Druid
    2018 Kona Honzo ST 30th BDay SE
    2015 Kona Paddy Wagon Fixed Gear

#TravisBickleLegendsNEVERdie

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kenwood72 View Post
    with the x2 there is so little room I cant get it mounted on the range.
    i just cable tied it to the shock body, it cleared everything ok.

the shock wiz directed me to soften off Hsc settings more than I would have but so far the traction has been great.